Share widget

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
There is no longer the Facebook and twitter share widget in iOS 7. Am I missing something?! Why would they remove that?

I found them to be useless in iOS 6. The issue was that it wasn't very smart. Just basic status updates or twitter updates. If I started an @radio...it wouldn't search possible people. Facebook couldn't add friends or photos straight from the share widget. That doesn't mean it didn't have it's audiences, but I feel it didn't do enough and I guess Apple thought the same way.

vintagetonez

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I found them to be useless in iOS 6. The issue was that it wasn't very smart. Just basic status updates or twitter updates. If I started an @radio...it wouldn't search possible people. Facebook couldn't add friends or photos straight from the share widget. That doesn't mean it didn't have it's audiences, but I feel it didn't do enough and I guess Apple thought the same way.

It did everything it was supposed to do which is make it easier to post to Facebook and twitter.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
And apart from being totally useless "features", let’s not forget that this is a BETA release, people...

ashemonia

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I used them all the time, they were very useful and did exactly what they were designed to do... Make it faster and easier to SHARE on Facebook and Twitter. It sucks they're gone. Like all the real good iOS stuff, I'll get them back with a jailbreak tweak ;)

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Are these gone from the action sheet (box w/arrow that gives the popup with Message, Mail, Facebook, etc) or just from the Notification Center ("Tap to Tweet")?

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I love the share widget. Will be disappointed if they're are absent in the IOS 7 release...

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

timswork

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
The quick "Tap to Tweet"-type 'quick-post cards' that we've had before seem to have been removed from iOS 7 at some recent point. But I'm convinced that they were there.

See the screen grabs here about the updated Twitter app, which show the cards: http://thenextweb.com/twitter/2013/09/18/twitter-updated-for-ios-7-with-...

As a second exhibit, see the screen grab here with new Flickr card functionality: http://www.maclife.com/article/gallery/90_ios_7_tips_and_tricks#slide-20

The quick-post cards are certainly in there under the covers somewhere, the burning question is why aren't they on the surface for us to use....Apple....???? *cough*

Hmmm :/

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The quick "Tap to Tweet"-type 'quick-post cards' that we've had before seem to have been removed from iOS 7 at some recent point. But I'm convinced that they were there.

See the screen grabs here about the updated Twitter app, which show the cards: http://thenextweb.com/twitter/2013/09/18/twitter-updated-for-ios-7-with-...

As a second exhibit, see the screen grab here with new Flickr card functionality: 90 iOS 7 Tips and Tricks | Mac|Life

The quick-post cards are certainly in there under the covers somewhere, the burning question is why aren't they on the surface for us to use....Apple....???? *cough*

Hmmm :/

One thought is that while they were handy in the Notification Center, they really weren’t notifications, they were actions. I know that doesn’t really help. My suggestion would be to let Apple know how you feel.

Apple - iPhone - Feedback

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
One thought is that while they were handy in the Notification Center, they really weren?t notifications, they were actions. I know that doesn?t really help. My suggestion would be to let Apple know how you feel.

I wouldn't be surprised if Apple reintroduced in iOS 7.1 as a new feature in control center...

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
That?s an idea that I could support...

I could support that too.
Also another interesting thing about about iOS 7:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379612372.193312.jpg

Maybe they could add some kind of widget center that include stuff like weather, share, passbook at a glance?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I could support that too.
Also another interesting thing about about iOS 7:

View attachment 38228

Maybe they could add some kind of widget center that include stuff like weather, share, passbook at a glance?

Not unless they know that you want it. My suggestion would be to let Apple know how you feel.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
There is no longer the Facebook and twitter share widget in iOS 7. Am I missing something?! Why would they remove that?

This is my vote to bring this feature back. Put it in control center, or at least give users the option of toggling it on or off.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit