iOS 7 Beta 1 - Bugs List

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrickAkridge

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I've got some bugs. People might be interested in.

1.) Siri - Siri is hard to use, and sometimes not responsive. She comes back most of time with "Sorry. I didn't catch that."

2.) Siri settings in the Settings app don't stick.

3.) Music controls (double tapping home button) in the lock screen is horrible. I can't use it.

4.) Control Center has been hard to bring up. I have to actually tilt my phone down in order for it to come up.

5.) This is kind of not noticeable but in the contacts app, the "F" is not aligned with the other letters correctly. It seems like the "F" needs to move over one space. Go look. You might see what I mean.

6.) I can't view some pages in Safari. It doesn't load the page all of the way? There is a white space in the page. For instance, iMore. I go to iMore.com and a white block appears at the right side of the app.

7.) In the Siri help manual (what can I say?; the ? Button) tapping on a category results in not being able to see the text clearly. In the help section, clicking on "Phone".. You can't see what is written. I don't know how to put it in words. Go check.

8.) In calendar, there is no LIST VIEW. I want the list view brought back.

9.) Phone sometimes gets warm with use. I don't think this is a software issue, but I never experienced this on iOS 6.

10.) the app "clear" doesn't work. This isn't a iOS bug but the app doesn't work.

CrucialTK

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Also, a couple bugs:

-Initial connection of Bluetooth (for my car or pebble watch) the bluetooth symbol is rendered too large
-Sometimes starting voicemail has date and time overlayed against prior text menus
-Apps waiting for an update (set unable to update over WiFi) are in permanent waiting mode and cannot be used
I should say this may be an unfortunate function of the autoupdate. I'd rather it pause all autoupdate until on WiFi, and allow me to use my apps until then.
-Words such as "Today","Tonight", and "Tomorrow" are highlighted links in text messages, as well as time frames, but link is inactive.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
1. The page doesn't automatically scroll when inputting text on a site like this in a box like this. I have to manually scroll over to see what I am writing.
2. Siri options sometimes don't stick.
3. Passcode doesn't work.
4. Springboard crashes at times.
5. Sometimes can't use the button to change from letters to numbers in keyboard.
6. Data just randomly dies and airplane mode toggle fixes it.
7. Exchange push doesn't work at times.

That's all I've encountered so far.

MountandJew

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I got a weird one this morning. For some reason, while I was iMessaging someone, the application crashed and upon opening it up, I noticed that all of my contacts were missing their names. (i.e. Julie Small would now appear as 555-555-5555). I restarted the iPhone and all the names returned.

anon(415336)

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm that Siri is being...difficult. Battery is also quite...mediocre/bad. The phone sometimes gets a little warm...nothing outside of the realm for a beta 1.

Vapor86

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
1.) Podcast App flat out doesn't work (I use it a lot of music podcasts0

2.) Emoji Keyboard (it shows up in settings>keyboards) but you can't use it

3.) Various alignment issues

4.) My battery drained extremely fast today, so much so I might go back to ios6.

My Bose mei2 headphones work for volume up and down but not for play, stop, ff, rr (I use them a lot for phone calls), has anyone else had this problem or found their headphones to be okay with play/stop?

How long does Apple take before they release an updated beta in past ios?

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
  • No Siri issues so far
  • Massive battery drain
  • Phone running hot on 4s
  • Email and FB Crashes when adding more than one image
  • Passcode fails several times (could just be timeout or busy servers)
  • Phone reboots on occasion

norrisja

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
(1) Worst Bug of all! The iMore forum app crashes upon opening.
(2) Battery is now slower to charge and quicker to drain.
(3) The Verizon brand still appears as carrier after my phone crashed.
(4) Bejeweled Blitz crashes upon opening
(5) Creating folders will crash the phone
(6) Phone is running hotter than before

Overall I like iOS 7 beta. These issues will be worked out over time.
I guess that's why they call it beta.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
My photos aren’t syncing via PhotoStream...

iMessage works, but strange issued with messages appearing in iMessage on my MPB...

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
It's weird because the majority of the bugs listed here I have no problems with it. Perhaps the way the phone is setup, restored etc. My bug list which I've already submitted:

- keyboard shortcuts don't work
-updating apps and tried to enter multi-task phone crashed
-headphones mic doesn't control music player (play/pause)
-Instagram if you scroll past a picture then scroll back up to it the image turns grey and will not reload or is not actionable(tap to like, tap to reload)
-iMore forums app crashes on startup
-Siri doesn't have an enable option just Disable and Cancel, when you tap Disable it enables Siri
-Screen was really hot while charging yesterday when I first installed the beta, no longer an issue now

You can turn off the auto updates of apps, it's in the Settings under iTunes, App store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73