iOS 7 Beta 1 battery life

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolcioy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: iOS 7 beta 1 battery life

on my 32GB 4S, it's disastrous!

5h 9' standby + 2h 54' use = 5% battery left!!!!!!

iOS 6 beta 1 wasn't that awful... :-(

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site

Same here with my iPhone 5. But remember its new and screens on more than normal usage. Like 10% every hour.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

people complaining about beta software they more than likely should not even be using. classic

lucaslk

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

My Phone 5 is also getting its battery drained like someone drilled a hole in it - but hey, it's the very first beta, so if it's your primary or only phone you're thinking about upgrading, I would suggest that you wait for the first major bugs to get fixed. :) I know, I know, it's like waiting for Christmas or your birthday when you were a kid :-D but if it's your primary "life-line", you should take a deep breath - and wait... :)

BTW if you have the Navigon GPS app installed and depend on it, do NOT upgrade. Navigon does not work with IOS 7 yet.

That being said, other than the battery life and the less than pretty light grey background color on the icon folders, I just LOOOVE the new interface and the features! :)

s_mack

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

I have done a little logging on one of my devices - as I was a bit concerned about battery life myself. Today has been great, though. If anything (via the image below) maybe there was a lingering Calendar or email thread there for a bit, but once quashed it ran very nicely.

iOS7BatteryDrainRate.png

Hopefully you can see from the attached image that it drained at around 6.5%/hr for a bit, but after the Cal app was closed, it came back to 'normal'. Seriously, for a beta 1, it's pretty good.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I actually get amazing standby time, screen on is a little higher than 6.1 however it is running very well.

agreed. this morning I removed my device from the charger at 7:00am and let sit idle, purposely. I let all of my typical notifications come through but did not respond to anything until my % dropped to 99%. that occurred around 9:45am. clearly this is not an indication of the final result but it is nice to see!

anon(4712533)

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
What is strange to me is I reverted back to iOS 6 then reloaded iOS 7 beta and let the battery drain all the way down, charged it and now using it normally and not playing with it my battery seems to be normal. I still do notice a faster drain when using certain app's like camera, or spending a bit of time on Facebook or Twitter, but with my normal everyday use (Calendar, email, reminders) it seems ok, and I am leaving apps open a total of 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.