iOS 7 performance on iPhone 4s?

helmet112

Sep 3, 2008
Visit site
Hi all,

I've been playing with iOS 7 on an unused, semi-defective, iPhone 4 (the cell antenna doesn't work anymore, so it's basically an iPod Touch). It seems really nice. It's noticably laggy, which isn't surprising to me given that the betas are supposedly debug builds.

Before upgrading my daily-driver 4S, I'm curious if people think it's laggy on the 4S at all? How is it performing? I can live with some lag, but it's a bit too much on the 4.

ocio1982

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Many issues ive notice so far in my 4s. First, icons suddenly disappear, so I have to block and unblock it for them to come back. Also sometimes my iphone restart, and its very terrible. Also using wazzup , it still show the old keyboard. Same happen with hangouts app. Battery is totally drain off. Isnt good so far this new beta for iphone 4s.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm finding things quite snappy on my 4S developer device. Of course, the only apps I have on it are the ones I need to test.

Remember, this is our first look at iOS 7, too (it's for us, after all), and things like the keyboard have to be coded into the apps, so please don't gripe about apps in a beta os.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
So Alli, IOS7 isn't optimized for only the iPhone 5? Wonder how much memory the now IOS takes up on your phone?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The very reason why Apple isn't pushing out the entire suite of is 7 features to the iPhone 4 and the 4S is to guarantee a satisfactory end user experience. Clearly the iPhone 4S is less powerful (memory and processor) than the iPhone 5 is (and that the iPhone 5s will be) - so Apple limits some of the more advance, memory/processor intensive features from those older devices...

Last edited:

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
The very reason why Apple isn't pushing out the entire suite of is 7 features to the iPhone 4 and the 4S is to guarantee a satisfactory end user experience. Clearly the iPhone 4S is less powerful (memory and processor) than the iPhone 5 is (and that the iPhone 5s will be) - so Apple limits some of the more advance, memory/processor intensive features from those older devices...

That and they want you to upgrade

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently using iOS 7 beta 6 on my 4S and I haven't noticed a performance difference between iOS 7 beta 6 and iOS 6

lazaruz

Nov 11, 2000
Visit site
performance wise no difference between iOS7b6 and 6.1.3 on my ip4s
battery is way erratic.. yesterday battery was amazing today -feh

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if a feature matrix is available that indicates which features align to which device?

Aztek13

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
AirDrop is all that you'd be missing. I've been on beta 6 with my 16 GB 4S and haven't noticed anything significantly lacking. Once in a while an app will shut itself down unexpectedly but too rarely to annoy me. Go ahead, upgrade!

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
performance wise no difference between iOS7b6 and 6.1.3 on my ip4s
battery is way erratic.. yesterday battery was amazing today -feh

So far that has been the one glaring difference - especially with this last beta. My battery performance has been all over the map even with similar usage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free