I'd like an explanation...primarily from the idiots who keep doing this...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes, i understand we have some trolls here on the board, but this isn't about them...it's about the ones that don't even come here that hold this discussion legitimately.

Explain to me how you can complain about how other platforms have such and such feature but iPhone doesn't, going into great detail to explain how easily it could, how "behind" Apple is, and then when Apple releases an update that includes some of these things, people turn the same level of passionate complaining towards Apple for "Copying" everything. Is that the best you've got?

I mean, in the world of smart phones, we are seeing the same features across the spectrum of devices because, quite simply, THIS STUFF IS WHAT PEOPLE WANT! Who cares if everyone is using it the same way? If you've paid even a little bit of attention over the last 6-7 years, you know that Apple likes to polish features up before they put the on the iPhone, they like to make it inherently "Apple" before it goes on the street...is it really that surprising that Apple would release some very nice and useful functions on the iPhone that other phones are also enjoying? You'll say something about Apple making it seem like the greatest thing to ever hit a phone...do you guys understand that Apple is a freakin' business? What sense would it make for them to market their features as "we got this from Blackberry, and it works great!" You can't be that dumb...you just can't be (but I'm losing faith about that really seeing some of the posts).

And as far as the users getting excited...WTF do you expect? People to just ignore it and paint a fence or pressure wash a driveway instead of talking about it happily?

I just get a laugh out of people who strive to complain about SOMETHING...if the iPhone printed money and drove you to work in the morning, people would complain that it drove too fast or that it only printed large bills.

Get over it people...or don't and keep looking like complete tools. :beer:

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Sean, you have such a way with words :)

Thanks for the chuckle. It would be a 'laugh out loud belly chuckle' if you weren’t spot on with your analysis.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Isn't that the sad part though? All these nimrods who just sit and complain regardless of what is shown...And you know what is so sad? EVERY phone has a major influx of these types. I use Reddit as a good gauge of general "community" reaction, and it doesn't matter what phone you pick, every one of them, whenever a new ANYTHING is released, is just chalk full of whiney complainers.

What ever happened to people enjoying stuff? It's starting to get unbearable around these parts because of the complaints. It's particularly overwhelming these days.

A good example is the Xbox One and PS4 release information over the last couple of days...Xbox One has a tidal wave MOB of hatred following it, and people start riding the white horse of Playstation, and then today, Playstation announces that it's "free" online multiplayer services will cost monthly now, and people go into an all out RAGE. I'm sitting back wondering how people will live past 40 years old these days with the stress and blood pressure issues they surely cause themselves through this pessimistic approach to every F'n thing.

I think i need a break from the internet, lol. It's baseball season and i have air conditioning, a big a$$ pitcher of sweet tea and some ice in a glass.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Isn't that the sad part though? All these nimrods who just sit and complain regardless of what is shown...And you know what is so sad? EVERY phone has a major influx of these types. I use Reddit as a good gauge of general "community" reaction, and it doesn't matter what phone you pick, every one of them, whenever a new ANYTHING is released, is just chalk full of whiney complainers.

What ever happened to people enjoying stuff? It's starting to get unbearable around these parts because of the complaints. It's particularly overwhelming these days.

A good example is the Xbox One and PS4 release information over the last couple of days...Xbox One has a tidal wave MOB of hatred following it, and people start riding the white horse of Playstation, and then today, Playstation announces that it's "free" online multiplayer services will cost monthly now, and people go into an all out RAGE. I'm sitting back wondering how people will live past 40 years old these days with the stress and blood pressure issues they surely cause themselves through this pessimistic approach to every F'n thing.

I think i need a break from the internet, lol. It's baseball season and i have air conditioning, a big a$$ pitcher of sweet tea and some ice in a glass.

LOL boy ain't it the truth! The Internet can get depressing haha.

In regards to the whole PS4 vs Xbox One thing I'm going with PS4 because I don't agree with Microsoft's approach to their console with the whole used game issue and having to go online every 24 hours those aspects are ridiculous. I could care less about paying Sony as long as their network infrastructure benefits from it.

Sent from the collector home world.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
You know what's funny, I tweeted essentially this post to iMore the other day. It's really ridiculous, I might have to bump my Get Over It post. Scratch that, I'm doing it now.

Blazin' tappity tap tap 2 you!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
C'mon, guys... do you have to kill the fun for everyone? Haters are gonna hate and whiners are gonna whine... don’t ruin it for everyone. #sarcasm

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Yes, i understand we have some trolls here on the board, but this isn't about them...it's about the ones that don't even come here that hold this discussion legitimately.

Explain to me how you can complain about how other platforms have such and such feature but iPhone doesn't, going into great detail to explain how easily it could, how "behind" Apple is, and then when Apple releases an update that includes some of these things, people turn the same level of passionate complaining towards Apple for "Copying" everything. Is that the best you've got?

I mean, in the world of smart phones, we are seeing the same features across the spectrum of devices because, quite simply, THIS STUFF IS WHAT PEOPLE WANT! Who cares if everyone is using it the same way? If you've paid even a little bit of attention over the last 6-7 years, you know that Apple likes to polish features up before they put the on the iPhone, they like to make it inherently "Apple" before it goes on the street...is it really that surprising that Apple would release some very nice and useful functions on the iPhone that other phones are also enjoying? You'll say something about Apple making it seem like the greatest thing to ever hit a phone...do you guys understand that Apple is a freakin' business? What sense would it make for them to market their features as "we got this from Blackberry, and it works great!" You can't be that dumb...you just can't be (but I'm losing faith about that really seeing some of the posts).

And as far as the users getting excited...WTF do you expect? People to just ignore it and paint a fence or pressure wash a driveway instead of talking about it happily?

I just get a laugh out of people who strive to complain about SOMETHING...if the iPhone printed money and drove you to work in the morning, people would complain that it drove too fast or that it only printed large bills.

Get over it people...or don't and keep looking like complete tools. :beer:

Shawn, as Fausty said, you have such a way with words and I totally agree with you, however I have noticed a few times when people make valid complains about something and you immediately jump with the classic " dont let the door hit ya "... and I think that's wrong, please dont take this in a bad way since most of the time you give some really good pointers, but going too far on either side is bad, you are really passionate about it but sometimes you get too carried away with this stuff..

Last edited:

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
it would be great if somehow, there was an agreement checkbox that when you downloaded and installed iOS 7, it would linked up to your imore profile, and for those dumb @$$es that have unrealistic expectation of a beta and complain as if it were production software, would be down-rated by the community members, to the point where their iphone would go into activation lock mode and would be unable to use an iOS beta ever again.... lol :D

Richard Nieves

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
LOL boy ain't it the truth! The Internet can get depressing haha.

In regards to the whole PS4 vs Xbox One thing I'm going with PS4 because I don't agree with Microsoft's approach to their console with the whole used game issue and having to go online every 24 hours those aspects are ridiculous. I could care less about paying Sony as long as their network infrastructure benefits from it.

I agree. Paying for playing games online was never really most people's concerns, it was that they had to pay to use things for free like Netflix and hulu+. I liked Xbox one's approach to TV. Me and my girlfriend watched it and were really excited about it. I even like that 10 people can technically share one game as long as only 2 play at a time! That makes buying games easier! However sometimes I like to borrow games to see if they are worth buying or because I can't afford them. Xbox has no way of renting or borrowing yet which, to me sucks. It's TV service is basically useless to me because I would have to pay for,a Dvr box still and use that box to watch Dvr stuff (possibly xbox live too) and its also more expensive, which to me is a big deal. I like the Xbox a lot. I think its new features are awesome and I have no doubt one day I might get one but it is financially not a. Option because Its 100 dollars more upfront, another 60 dollars a year, much less ways for me to test out games before buying and I have no clue how a return policy would work! I don't care about playing games online. So the best option for me personally is the ps4 because I can use Netflix and all that without paying or having to keep an old system hooked up and I can test out games and KNOW I can buy used games. I also am more impressed with ps4 titles coming out like ff15 and kingdom hearts 3 as well as watch dogs. Halo is the only game I really care about that is an Xbox exclusive. I don't think it's right for people to completely bash something because it honestly makes it hard to take them seriously. Do I agree with Xbox policies? No, but I won't deny its pluses either and it is an overall good system. Do I like ios7 100%? No, I like a little more gradients and shadows and the icons are, well mot attractive at all in ,my opinion, but I think overall the design is still awesome and the new features are welcome.

Also...

"Innovation differs from invention in that innovation refers to the use of a better and, as a result, novel idea or method, whereas invention refers more directly to the creation of the idea or method itself."

"Innovation differs from improvement in that innovation refers to the notion of doing something different rather than doing the same thing better."

Apple both improves on ideas out today and innovates. Innovating isn't inventing its finding a better way to do something that was done before. For example, the new multitasking is improving upon webos cards metaphor, though extremely similar, it uses (I am almost positive) much better management of background apps as well as names and icons. It's a huge improvement over its old way and a small visual improvement over webos for those who need to see icons or names, but why not take a good idea and use it? It's not a 100% copy and if that were the case wouldn't everyone be copying everyone? If no phone used the same features wouldn't all phones basically be dull and unusable? Apple also innovates still. Not everything no. I am a technology fan not an apple fan so I don't think everything app,e does is amazing, the design isn't an innovation its more of an improvement on other designs but the way everything flows together is way better than it was before. It feels like a whole new system and extremely modern and exciting and as a whole, ios does feel innovative, even if most of its features by themselves are just improvements on other designs. Personally I think innovation is also when many improvements are made to something which make the experience feel new and fresh and different thus innovative.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Everybody copies from one another in just about every industry, who cares? I don't care who came up with what first, I wanted apple to copy Androids notification pull down and they did, you should never worry about one company copying another if it's a good idea, and a better way, not like other companies haven't copied many things from Apple either..

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I agree. Paying for playing games online was never really most people's concerns, it was that they had to pay to use things for free like Netflix and hulu+. I liked Xbox one's approach to TV. Me and my girlfriend watched it and were really excited about it. I even like that 10 people can technically share one game as long as only 2 play at a time! That makes buying games easier! However sometimes I like to borrow games to see if they are worth buying or because I can't afford them. Xbox has no way of renting or borrowing yet which, to me sucks. It's TV service is basically useless to me because I would have to pay for,a Dvr box still and use that box to watch Dvr stuff (possibly xbox live too) and its also more expensive, which to me is a big deal. I like the Xbox a lot. I think its new features are awesome and I have no doubt one day I might get one but it is financially not a. Option because Its 100 dollars more upfront, another 60 dollars a year, much less ways for me to test out games before buying and I have no clue how a return policy would work! I don't care about playing games online. So the best option for me personally is the ps4 because I can use Netflix and all that without paying or having to keep an old system hooked up and I can test out games and KNOW I can buy used games. I also am more impressed with ps4 titles coming out like ff15 and kingdom hearts 3 as well as watch dogs. Halo is the only game I really care about that is an Xbox exclusive. I don't think it's right for people to completely bash something because it honestly makes it hard to take them seriously. Do I agree with Xbox policies? No, but I won't deny its pluses either and it is an overall good system. Do I like ios7 100%? No, I like a little more gradients and shadows and the icons are, well mot attractive at all in ,my opinion, but I think overall the design is still awesome and the new features are welcome.

Also...

"Innovation differs from invention in that innovation refers to the use of a better and, as a result, novel idea or method, whereas invention refers more directly to the creation of the idea or method itself."

"Innovation differs from improvement in that innovation refers to the notion of doing something different rather than doing the same thing better."

Apple both improves on ideas out today and innovates. Innovating isn't inventing its finding a better way to do something that was done before. For example, the new multitasking is improving upon webos cards metaphor, though extremely similar, it uses (I am almost positive) much better management of background apps as well as names and icons. It's a huge improvement over its old way and a small visual improvement over webos for those who need to see icons or names, but why not take a good idea and use it? It's not a 100% copy and if that were the case wouldn't everyone be copying everyone? If no phone used the same features wouldn't all phones basically be dull and unusable? Apple also innovates still. Not everything no. I am a technology fan not an apple fan so I don't think everything app,e does is amazing, the design isn't an innovation its more of an improvement on other designs but the way everything flows together is way better than it was before. It feels like a whole new system and extremely modern and exciting and as a whole, ios does feel innovative, even if most of its features by themselves are just improvements on other designs. Personally I think innovation is also when many improvements are made to something which make the experience feel new and fresh and different thus innovative.

Couldn't have said it better myself. That's one thing that has always annoyed me about Xbox is having to pay for Live to use other services you already pay talk about greedy. I really paid no mind to it though for myself as I used to work for GameStop and get free live but now that I don't work for GS anymore this is a factor I have to ponder about in my future console purchase and Microsoft helped me decide with these outrageous new policies and just when they finally get Blu-Ray. :/

Also Richard FFXV and KH 3 are going to be on Xbox One also boo!

Richard Nieves

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Couldn't have said it better myself. That's one thing that has always annoyed me about Xbox is having to pay for Live to use other services you already pay talk about greedy. I really paid no mind to it though for myself as I used to work for GameStop and get free live but now that I don't work for GS anymore this is a factor I have to ponder about in my future console purchase and Microsoft helped me decide with these outrageous new policies and just when they finally get Blu-Ray. :/

Also Richard FFXV and KH 3 are going to be on Xbox One also boo!

Oh I didn't know that. Well I guess that just makes it easier for everyone to play what they want regardless of the system which is good.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Shawn, as Fausty said, you have such a way with words and I totally agree with you, however I have noticed a few times when people make valid complains about something and you immediately jump with the classic " dont let the door hit ya "... and I think that's wrong, please dont take this in a bad way since most of the time you give some really good pointers, but going too far on either side is bad, you are really passionate about it but sometimes you get too carried away with this stuff..

Firstly...i hate the way you spelled Shawn, damn you for that. ;)

Secondly, I'm just here being me...they moderate me and delete my posts the same as anyone else, but sometimes, you need some barking from the community to balance out the mix. This community is fairly soft to begin with, and trust me when i say that i filter my responses a pretty good bit before i say anything most of the time, and i get griped at and what not, but in the end, I get thanked all the time by people who probably want to say something but don't, and sometimes it feels nice to be the one who tries to put a wall up to the BS (so to speak).

I do my homework though 98% of the time...sure I'll have my moments, but most of the time, I check out a person's history of posting the stuff i call them out on, and especially when it's their inaugural effort, you can bet I'll be there to reply...because we know when a person comes here with their very first post and just starts kicking up dust, it's just pure trolling.

In the end, I'm at about 75% when I'm here posting in the nature you're talking about. I do that out of respect to the community and also to the mods, and to be honest, I like the fact that this forum is a bit soft, it makes it a safer place for people who might not understand the behavior of a forum to fit in easier...coming from MacRumors, Reddit and a few others, this place is almost sickeningly friendly, lol.

Lastly...It's Sean. Like Connery, with better teeth, but an infinitely less cool accent. :D :beer:

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Firstly...i hate the way you spelled Shawn, damn you for that. ;)

Secondly, I'm just here being me...they moderate me and delete my posts the same as anyone else, but sometimes, you need some barking from the community to balance out the mix. This community is fairly soft to begin with, and trust me when i say that i filter my responses a pretty good bit before i say anything most of the time, and i get griped at and what not, but in the end, I get thanked all the time by people who probably want to say something but don't, and sometimes it feels nice to be the one who tries to put a wall up to the BS (so to speak).

I do my homework though 98% of the time...sure I'll have my moments, but most of the time, I check out a person's history of posting the stuff i call them out on, and especially when it's their inaugural effort, you can bet I'll be there to reply...because we know when a person comes here with their very first post and just starts kicking up dust, it's just pure trolling.

In the end, I'm at about 75% when I'm here posting in the nature you're talking about. I do that out of respect to the community and also to the mods, and to be honest, I like the fact that this forum is a bit soft, it makes it a safer place for people who might not understand the behavior of a forum to fit in easier...coming from MacRumors, Reddit and a few others, this place is almost sickeningly friendly, lol.

Lastly...It's Sean. Like Connery, with better teeth, but an infinitely less cool accent. :D :beer:

Truly Sorry for the name misspelling, Sean.
I just wanted to point out that sometimes you seem to get so defensive about this that you might've called out a situation that didn't really deserve it, yes, I am well aware of trolls and some people wanting to start kicking up dust like you said,but it's very important to keep in mind we all have things we dislike about our equipments and that it's totally fine to discuss it here with other members.
We all appreciate you input and keep in mind we'll always have trolls here, no matter what we all do about it , they're not going anywhere and I believe ignoring them is better than calling them out, but that's just my opinion.
Again, Sean.... Sorry about the name, how could I...😫

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox