Text Message, App Icons and new iPhone

jessica_lynn9474

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi all - There are some great discussions going on here with the new and exciting iOs7! I'm super excited about it! I have a few questions that I'm hoping you Apple smarties can help me out with! :)

1. Is there going to be a new phone coming out? My old iphone 4s's screen cracked and I'm up for an upgrade to the 5 if I'd like. I'm wondering if I should just get the 5 with installing the new software in Fall or trying to work Verizon to let me work around upgrading a bit later for a possible new phone? Any ideas/suggestions?

2. Do you know if the app icons are customizeable to stay looking the way they are now vs. the new "flat" look?

3. Is the text message background customizable to not be all white with the blue and grey messages? I really like the look of the texting now. I'm also thinking the new layout will be too much white on an all white iphone.

4. I'm a female and have had a white iphone for the last few years but was thinking of switching to black cause it looks sleek and it's different. I've read that the black scratches easily with a case, etc. and that the paint isn't that great on the back. Have any of you had issues with this? Do you prefer black to white and why?

I look forward to your feedback and my new phone. Hoping to get it today sometime if you recommend that the 5 is the way to go!

Thanks in advance! :)

jessica_lynn9474

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone! Bumping this up cause I was hoping for a quick response. I've seen that a ton of you have viewed but no replies. I'm being "impatient", lol because I have to get a phone today and am wondering what your thoughts are to what I asked. I just want to make sure I walk away with the best phone since I'm locked in for another two years.

Thanks again in advance! :)

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
There is always a new iPhone, usually in the fall. It does not look like the icons or other graphics can be changed. The black versus white part has been addressed many times :).

jessica_lynn9474

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
There is always a new iPhone, usually in the fall. It does not look like the icons or other graphics can be changed. The black versus white part has been addressed many times :).

THANK YOU Laelipoo! Can you direct me where I can find other threads regarding black vs. white? Basically what I'd like to know from others if they think that the ios7 will look good against a black phone vs. white. Trying to figure out what would be easier on the eyes because the white seems as if it's TOO much white. To bright?

Any thoughts here?

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Jessica, I notice this is the same post you added in the middle of another thread. Please try to limit your query to a single thread without hijacking another thread.

Since iOS 7 is only in day 2 of its beta, you're not going to get many answers about how it looks against the phones, and it will evolve as the beta goes on. I wouldn't use this to determine whether or not you purchase a black or white phone.

jessica_lynn9474

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Jessica, I notice this is the same post you added in the middle of another thread. Please try to limit your query to a single thread without hijacking another thread.

Since iOS 7 is only in day 2 of its beta, you're not going to get many answers about how it looks against the phones, and it will evolve as the beta goes on. I wouldn't use this to determine whether or not you purchase a black or white phone.

Alli, I didn't realize that hoping for a quicker response by tapping into another thread that was pretty much discussing the same topic because I'm in need of a new phone today is hijacking. My apologies.

Thanks for the tip though!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77