iTunes - Firmware not compatible?

SycoBBMonkey

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Firmware not compatible?

I have the same problem with installing iOS 7 on my iPhone 5. I have downloaded the ipsw 3 times to eliminate the chance of a faulty file. I have also tried the process on both my windows pc and my mac. Both have the latest OS and latest iTunes. I did disconnect all USB devices and this made no difference. This is quite frustrating as my iPad mini was updated to iOS 7 with no issues at all.

Could you help?

Frankk Martinn

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
hey bro
just read your comments and the whole proccess you been through, i am stuck with the same problem now, it keeps giving the error (3149).
and you mentioned something about deleting some coding from system 32 ? how do you do that and what are the specific codes ?
just help me out bro.

Thanks

dollenciaga

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
You two are being unnecessarily rude. He/she didn't ask your honest opinion about whether they should've dished out $99 of THEIR money, or why Apple tends to restrict people from using the beta. He asked for help about his issue with iTunes, If you can't offer up any information on how to help him/her with their dilemma, then don't respond be rude. My goodness. Negativity for absolutely 0 reason.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OK for anyone trying to put iOS 7 on your device are you somehow registered in the dev program? If your device is not registered then halfway through the process it might tell you that your device is not registered and you will need to restore back to iOS 6. Before you start make sure you do an iCloud backup.

If you had JBen your device before then you need to know if your host file has been altered? Are you using Windows or a Mac? post up and I will try to help.

The people supporting the non developers running the beta. There is a few simply reasons registered devs get upset. One we understand what is involved in running a beta. I can't count the amount of posts I've seen asking why iOS 7 sucks because blah blah app doesn't work, battery life sucks, features don't work, etc. Two we understand what is involved in putting the OS together so we don't criticize missing features or things that don't work. Three we submit bug reports so Apple fixed them making the OS more stable and smooth for others. There are also things in the dev portal like iTunes betas etc that non devs will not have access to and that might not give the full experience. So it's not rude it's reality.

Me personally I don't care if you want to take a chance with bugs, crashing, battery life issues who am I to complain.

Daniel Andersson

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I tried everything. Other computer (Win 7), other account on my Mac. iTunes 11.0.5 and the 11.1 beta 2. Even changed cable to a standard Apple since I first had a pirate Chineese one. I live in Sweden and as far as I understand I should use the A1428, GSM version. The last desperate thing I did was to try the CDMA A1429 file and guess what. It worked. I'm now on iOS 7 restored and everything seems to work just great.

-- Daniel

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I tried everything. Other computer (Win 7), other account on my Mac. iTunes 11.0.5 and the 11.1 beta 2. Even changed cable to a standard Apple since I first had a pirate Chineese one. I live in Sweden and as far as I understand I should use the A1428, GSM version. The last desperate thing I did was to try the CDMA A1429 file and guess what. It worked. I'm now on iOS 7 restored and everything seems to work just great.

-- Daniel

Glad to hear it worked out for you. BTW, the model number is printed on the back of the device - the far right side of the top line below the word iPhone.

lucythezombie

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

I am having a similar problem, but my problem is that my firmware comes in a zipped folder. I extracted the contents of the folder, but when I try and restore my phone to the IOS 6, it keeps making me open the folders inside the folder. I don't know how to work this. PLEASE HELP!!!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

I am having a similar problem, but my problem is that my firmware comes in a zipped folder. I extracted the contents of the folder, but when I try and restore my phone to the IOS 6, it keeps making me open the folders inside the folder. I don't know how to work this. PLEASE HELP!!!

You need to unzip the file with a zip utility. Get 7Zip to do the deed. It will extract the .ipsw file from the .zip container.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My phone is Iphone 4 but I don't know what firmware i should download, please let me know ASAP.
Thank you

Just connect your device to iTunes, make sure your computer has an internet connection, and after iTunes recognizes your iPhone 4, select to update the firmware. It will download and install the correct iOS 7 firmware for you.

7break

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
i'm dealing with same issue,but i read on google that the problem that is in ios 7 is that you cant restore to a lower version so ur stucked on ios 7

TyboSmiles

Aug 2, 2017
Visit site

i have an iphone 5 and i am running on ios 10.3.2 and i dont really like ios 1o that much but im trying to restore my iphone to ios 6.0 but it wont let me because it keeps saying my iphone could not be restored cause the firmware file not compatible is there any way i can fix or get thought this anyone.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

i have an iphone 5 and i am running on ios 10.3.2 and i dont really like ios 1o that much but im trying to restore my iphone to ios 6.0 but it wont let me because it keeps saying my iphone could not be restored cause the firmware file not compatible is there any way i can fix or get thought this anyone.

You can't restore back to an old iOS. Apple no longer signs iOS 6. I'd like iOS 6 on my old 5 as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro