Poll - How is the battery life of iOS 7 on your iPhone 5?

How is the battery life on your iPhone 5 with iOS 7?

• Good

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • Bad

Votes: 69 54.8%
  • Still testing

Votes: 26 20.6%
  • other (let us know below)

Votes: 4 3.2%

• Total voters

CaptainRex

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Is the battery life issue enough for me not to upgrade to iOS 7? Because I really enjoy the new interface and colors but I wouldn't want my battery draining ridiculously. If it does drain faster, how much faster compared to normal on the iPhone 5? Thanks

Tung Anh Hoang

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Is that works? and the app not hung just have some weird problem when install you just need to go app store search the apps which hold and click open then it will be just fine

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I restored a backup from 6.1.4 and my battery seems the same. No severe draining
issues or anything of that nature. Phone heats up at times when I have certain apps
going and doing a lot of typing simultaneously. Then again, I've never been the type
to watch my battery life like an Eagle.

Tarun Sundersingh

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Well im quite happy with the battery life in iOS7 what i normally do is in privacy settings i switched off location service with the apps i dont need so i only have

App Store - ON
Camera - ON
Google Maps - ON
Maps - ON
Siri - ON
Speedtest - ON
vouchercloud - ON

and then scroll down and click SYSTEM SERVICES

I have

Cell Network Search - ON
Diagnostics & Usage - ON
Setting Time Zone - ON
Wi-Fi Networking - ON

Everything is OFF

I also switched off the notifications with apps I dont really need notifications.

Mainly mail, Facebook, WatsApp. twitter and instagram are on etc

Also I changed some of the Fetch, Manual and Push settings for things which dont need.

Eg my mail is on Fetch
iCloud Calendar is on Manual
iCloud -> Find My iPhone is on Manual

i also switched OFF Background App Refresh in General Settings

In Cellular Settings I have iCloud Docs and iTunes and Passbook Updates off, everything on

These settings were also used in iOS 6 (except the background App refresh)

i have had my phone running iOS7 since 4hours after keynote.

From full charged my stats are

[B]Standby 14 Hours and 55mins
Usage 4hours 56mins[/B]

and my battery is 1% now. (just died 5mins later)

Quite happy.

Everyone having problems try those settings.

AMITNKALRA

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Does the Dynamic Wallpapers drain battery?

I remember the battery draining! Let it drain below 20% and recharge to 100% the battery life improves a lot!

Abhinav Reddy3

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
DREADFUL when using it even lightly. Could be a combination of, first, it being beta, and then the abundance of white (brighter) throughout the iOS. Standby is fine.

Agpe17

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Just downloaded iOS 7 this morning. Two hours in, I'm at 88%. With good usage. I teach during the day, so we'll see how it is idle...

I also have a Mophie so I'm all set! Haha

Running great though -- no true bugs for me. YET!

Sisneh Sivan

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I am using 4s, and it drained off completely in about 4 hours.
*the apps are still updating. (wifi and mobile data was on). (updation was automatic)
*few call i made(29 minutes).
*only app used was phone and settings
heating problem while browsing and using app.

boldBud

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
My usage rates are crazy.

I used the phone for three minutes and the rest has been in idle. It says I've used it 44mins of usage out of 47 since it was unplugged.

Any ideas what's running in the background?

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Is the battery life issue enough for me not to upgrade to iOS 7? Because I really enjoy the new interface and colors but I wouldn't want my battery draining ridiculously. If it does drain faster, how much faster compared to normal on the iPhone 5? Thanks

Depends on how badly you need to test the app that you're developing.

Haxley

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I leave for work at 7:00 AM with a full battery. I use a company landline to communicate with our customers so I'm not on my iPhone that often. Only on smoke breaks and texting other employees regarding business manners. I only work part time and am home usually by 12am-1pm. When I get home my battery life is 5%-20%. If I take a nap and charge it while doing so, I can usually last the rest of the day (not evening) without another charge. If I don't charge my phone during my hour nap, I'm charging on and off, whenever I can, for the rest of the day. I have an iPhone 5 and I'm really quite surprised how much of a far cry the battery life is compared to iOS 6, as well as charging speed. Mind you it's only beta, I feel like this is way below average mobile phone battery efficiency.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77