IOS 7 - A 1980's high school girls dream

icu8124us

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Love the new look and features. As a guy who prefers darker UI's I'd have liked a little less punch of colors on the main apple apps. Guys can like bright colors too and that's totally cool. I personally would have loved to see separate themes to choose from for the default apple apps.

Feel free to share your own thoughts on the new colors or features.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Love the new look and features. As a guy who prefers darker UI's I'd have liked a little less punch of colors on the main apple apps. Guys can like bright colors too and that's totally cool. I personally would have loved to see separate themes to choose from for the default apple apps.

Feel free to share your own thoughts on the new colors or features.

So I guess you're a 80's high school girl?

Imo the only people that could truly like this are 5 year old girls..

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

I like it and I'm neither of the characteristics listed in your opinion.

You do not like what you saw in iOS 7. We get it. Your distaste for it is littered throughout several sub forums.

Last edited:

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I guess that explains why iOS 7 appeals to me. I'm an 80s girl at heart. Damn I had awesome hair back then! *sigh*

I can see your point though. It's definitely not a color scheme that's going to appeal to everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

I am quite fond of the iOS 7 look/feel. And I am neither an 80's high school girl or a 5 year old girl (and as an aside, any "80's high school girl" would be significantly older than 5 years old) ... perhaps you have caused me to face my secret, inner longings... or maybe you’re just never happy with anything Apple releases... not sure which it is. Or maybe I do.

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I read somewhere that there might be a darker theme that you can switch to, but I guess not. All this brightness I'm not a fan of...

Tre

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Just use a darker wallpaper and it'll blend nicely with the translucent UI. As far as the 80's highschool girl reference to neon pink, all you have to do is move the game center app and itunes app to a different screen and all is well in the world. I think the UI is sexy as hell and with plenty of 3rd party app icons, I'm not worried about a few icons w/ neon pink elements.

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Just use a darker wallpaper and it'll blend nicely with the translucent UI. As far as the 80's highschool girl reference to neon pink, all you have to do is move the game center app and itunes app to a different screen and all is well in the world. I think the UI is sexy as hell and with plenty of 3rd party app icons, I'm not worried about a few icons w/ neon pink elements.

It's not just the homescreen, but app screens like Mail and Messages as well. The stark white background with the thinner, lighter font is harder to read than the way it is now.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I guess everyone is different in how they see things. While this new iOS will take some getting used to, I like it overall and I do think it was well thought out before the presentation yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I like it and I'm neither of the characteristics listed in your opinion.

You do not like what you saw in iOS 7. We get it. Your distaste for it is littered throughout several sub forums.

And I'll keep voicing my distaste for this atrocious, unfinished design. They took iOS, and turned it into a mish mash of Windows 8 and Android, the operating systems always bashed here by the Apple fanboys, now they copy them (badly), and you guys like it, I find that funny how people do 180's so quick.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I am quite fond of the iOS 7 look/feel. And I am neither an 80's high school girl or a 5 year old girl (and as an aside, any "80's high school girl" would be significantly older than 5 years old) ... perhaps you have caused me to face my secret, inner longings... or maybe you’re just never happy with anything Apple releases... not sure which it is. Or maybe I do.

You don't.

I've always liked iOS for it's realism, it's textures, it's skeumorphism, that's what drew so many people into the iOS eco-system, sure i wanted them to update the look, but I did NOT want them to make it look worse, that's for sure. Just because they changed it doesn't mean it's good, or that I have to like it. What I and most people wanted were more features, sure we got some cool new ones, I'm happy for the ones we did get, I wanted the over used linen to go, the pinstripes, the gloss. I did not want a hideous, flat, lifeless, kindergarden looking design that is a step back 20 years in time, that also hurts usability due to the hard to read font, and confusing, obscure icons.

I've always had an eye for good design, I attended the #1 art school in the world, and I feel I know good design when I see it, even if it is subjective, and it bothers me to see Apple throw away everything familiar and good about iOS, in favor of a radical new design that is shoddy at best.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73