iOS 7/Windows Phone Comparison

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
2.jpg

Interesting post comparing the two. I'm not familiar enough with WP to know how extensive the similarities are, but it does make a good point about different OSs using similar design elements:

I personally don?t like to claim that one company stole an idea from another company; I have this stance, because I encourage companies to become better by implementing their variations of what is already available on the market. A personal motto of ?let the best implementation prevail?!

Here's the full post, if you're interested.

richu75

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
How many different ways are the to implement button like elements when using a flat design?
Seems you always get something similar, no matter how hard you try.

I'm not stealing MSFT thunder here, don't get me wrong. Modern UI definitely has had an impact on how some elements in iOS7 looks like.
But MSFT isn't the first. Metro/Modern UI is still a derivative of Swiss Graphic Design, which has been around for many many years.

But iOS7 also takes the UI to another level. It just looks so damn sexy.
(I mean, just look at Bridget. And then look at Rose. lol.)

Anyway, last thought. I'd like you to take a trip on memory lane.
Screenshot of Windows Mobile with HTC Sense, Sense being the operative word.

sense.jpg

NAMISH

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
For someone who has used Windows Phone in the past and who's played with WP8 extensively as well, I have to admit that there are a lot of raging similarities in iOS7 and Windows Phone. Honestly, MS did flat better.

Though, one can argue that there are a lot of similarities with Android as well. So it seems there's a mix and match of things here along with some unique additions to iOS7.

I really don't have anything against innovation... as long as everyone can play along nicely, similarities among systems when the functionality adds to the experience of the system rather than remove from it, is welcomed with open arms from me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2