Messed Up Phone Installing ios 7 beta, please help!

Vapor86

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
I am a registered and paid for beta tester. I went into itunes and opened the downloaded beta ios7 file and now I get the message "We're Unable To Complete Your Activation" and below it says please register your device in the iphone developer program portal.

However, it is now registered but no matter what I keep getting this message. I tried restarting the iphone as well as itunes. I get the same message on the phone as well.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I am a registered and paid for beta tester. I went into itunes and opened the downloaded beta ios7 file and now I get the message "We're Unable To Complete Your Activation" and below it says please register your device in the iphone developer program portal.

However, it is now registered but no matter what I keep getting this message. I tried restarting the iphone as well as itunes. I get the same message on the phone as well.

Since you're a paid developer, you are allowed two tech support calls with them. However they may be slammed with people getting home trying to update to iOS 7, so try it again later.

iGreg01

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Having the same issue here!

**Edit**

It activated. Took about an hour after I added my device for it to become activated! Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

Matthew Mangan

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
G'day! I think I have a solution.
I too had this issue and thought perhaps I better download the new Xcode 5 even though old Xcode seemed to work fine to load the software. Then I clicked "Add to Portal" on my iPhone and after it got me to log in as a developer whattyaknow it all works!
Now running iOS 7 - hope this helps some others out there!

Erin Foster

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Sorry you've had this problem, you're not the only one it seems.
I don't know how to help, but I was hoping you could help me.
I'm a beta tester too, but this is my first time. I don't know how to open the downloaded install file in itunes and put it on the iPhone. I seriously have no idea. Give me a hand?

Rupesh Lakhani

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Download the ispw file from your developer account and save somewhere on your machine.

connect your phone via USB to iTunes - do a backup.

Once you done a backup - follow the below to install the ispw file on your phone...

- If you're on a Mac, hold the "Option" key and click on "Restore" on iTunes. From there, a window will pop up; browse for the iOS firmware you'd like to install on your iOS device from within that window. When the correct .ipsw firmware file is found, open the file.

- If you're on a PC, hold the "Shift" key and click "Restore" on iTunes. From there, a window will pop up; browse for the iOS firmware you'd like to install on your iOS device from within that window. It's most likely saved in your "Downloads" folder, unless you changed the destination folder before downloading it. When the correct .ipsw firmware file is found, open the file.

tannnerr

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I had this exact same problem, but I have found a solution.
1. Make sure the device is registered.
2. Put the phone in DFU mode and put iOS 6.1.4 software back onto the iphone. (You can find out how to do this on various sites.)
3. Instead of clicking restore this time when installing iOS 7, click option and update instead. This keeps all of your information on the phone and also installs iOS 7.
I spent nearly all day yesterday trying to find a solution for my unusable phone, and this is what fixed my phone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73