iOS 7 Developer Beta info and Bug discussion

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Re: iOS 7 Developer Beta info and Bug dicussion

No longer we have full screen when using Safari in landscape, hope they let the top bar dissapear when scrolling down like in ios6.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site

I love we now have a separate folder for videos, small stuff but nice.

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site

Any iOS7 Testers can confirm if you can download apps in the App Store? Or downloaded apps in the appstore will work fine in iOS7? Like Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, Google Apps? I hope you can tell us. Thank you so much.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Any iOS7 Testers can confirm if you can download apps in the App Store? Or downloaded apps in the appstore will work fine in iOS7? Like Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, Google Apps? I hope you can tell us. Thank you so much.

Yes you can download apps from the App Store. Some of the apps work fine, others don’t. The issue is whether or not iOS 7 has modified any API calls or changed things up internally that affects the way the apps do things/access internals/interact with the OS. Since Apple is currently rejecting apps that use the new APIs or address iOS 7 - specific access, the app woes will be with us for a while. But so far, none of my "go to" apps appear to be affected. YMMV.

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site

Thanks a lot. I badly want to try out iOS7. I hope twitter, facebook, linkedIn, skype, evernote, google apps are just fine. it would be nice if you could name your "go to" apps too. :)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Thanks a lot. I badly want to try out iOS7. I hope twitter, facebook, linkedIn, skype, evernote, google apps are just fine. it would be nice if you could name your "go to" apps too. :)

I use Tweetbot for twitter... not tried the official twitter app. I have used the Facebook app without incident.

I consider Tweetbot, Tapatalk, Instagram, my bank app, ESPN ScoreCenter, PocketBible, Screens, BestBuy, Fidelity, 1Password, Yahoo Weather and Fantastical my "go to" apps... no issues with any of them... though some seem to be having issues with Instagram.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site

I tried Skype this morning. The IM feature crashes the app. I didn't try video calling because of this.

nheilweil

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

200 apps including all the basics (Facebook, twitter, vine, Instagram, CNN, YouTube, Starbucks, 1password, google search, amazon, groupon, yelp, google maps, audible, Dropbox, docs2go, quicken, runkeeper, everytrail, map my hike, etc.) everything works fine.

Only problem apps so far have been with messaging Skype, loading eBay, loading videosafe2, picstich loading pics and Netflix searching.

trandz

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site

Instagram acts weird. If you scroll up the pictures that you already seen turn to gray squares. You have to scroll completely past them then scroll back down to see them again. Not anything major though.

Angelo_Campher

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

Instagram acts weird. If you scroll up the pictures that you already seen turn to gray squares. You have to scroll completely past them then scroll back down to see them again. Not anything major though.

This is happening to me as well.

ndub19

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: Beta 1 thoughts

Im not having any problems with any of those.

The emoticons are missing from text messaging. Its not really a big deal, but just one of the things i noticed. iMessage works great. They added an option where the people your texting with can see if youve read their message. It can be toggled on or off

ndub19

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

I have several apps that aren't working. That is a bit frustrating. This is the first time i have used an iPhone beta so I wasn't sure what to expect.

The important functions are working great. I'm noticing the battery drains a lot faster!. I've gone through all the settings and nothing is set differently then I had with 6.1.2. Hopefully that's a beta issue and it will be resolved. The battery also takes longer to charge. A lot longer.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site

Im not having any problems with any of those.

The emoticons are missing from text messaging. Its not really a big deal, but just one of the things i noticed. iMessage works great. They added an option where the people your texting with can see if youve read their message. It can be toggled on or off

Emoji (emoticons) need to be enabled in keyboard settings as in iOS 6.

Read receipts has been there since iMessage was introduced.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site

I have several apps that aren't working. That is a bit frustrating. This is the first time i have used an iPhone beta so I wasn't sure what to expect.

The important functions are working great. I'm noticing the battery drains a lot faster!. I've gone through all the settings and nothing is set differently then I had with 6.1.2. Hopefully that's a beta issue and it will be resolved. The battery also takes longer to charge. A lot longer.

I assume you haven't read through all 500+ posts in this thread, else you wouldn't have posted.

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site

I tried searching for this with no avail and I apologize if this has already been covered and I missed it, but has anyone else noticed double notifications from 3rd party apps? Also when trying to clear said notifications from the notifications center it appears again and won't go away until you've cleared it a second time.

nheilweil

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I tried searching for this with no avail and I apologize if this has already been covered and I missed it, but has anyone else noticed double notifications from 3rd party apps? Also when trying to clear said notifications from the notifications center it appears again and won't go away until you've cleared it a second time.

Yup been reported many times.

abazigal

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I am also getting the double notifications bug in mailbox. This happened after I downgraded to 6.1.3 from the beta. Sometimes, when emails come in, the notification appears twice on the lock screen or home screen, and my phone keeps dinging like crazy (it can go on like 8 times for 3-4 incoming mail). Resetting my phone seems to decrease the frequency of the bug occurring.

I have contacted the mailbox team, but as it is likely a IOS7 bug, there isn't really anything they can do until IOS7 is officially released. Only then can they start troubleshooting to see where the issue is and start preparing a patch.

Droidrage729

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Well I downgraded back to ios 6. While I am very impressed with ios 7 look and features it's just very unstable right now. I mean it was stuck at the lock screen and wouldn't turn off just froze. I don't even see how this would even benefit developers between the disappearing keyboard frozen screens I would say this is closer to alpha and that was a fresh install. Ill try again when beta 2 is released.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Well I downgraded back to ios 6. While I am very impressed with ios 7 look and features it's just very unstable right now. I mean it was stuck at the lock screen and wouldn't turn off just froze. I don't even see how this would even benefit developers between the disappearing keyboard frozen screens I would say this is closer to alpha and that was a fresh install. Ill try again when beta 2 is released.

So weird how this beta is differing so much for each person cause I have had very little issues. Only thing is my phone resprings after I update apps.

Sent from the collector home world.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77