iOS 7 Developer Beta info and Bug discussion

iSeans

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: Beta 1 thoughts

I'm wondering if this beta is having a memory issue? I stuck it on on day 1 and its progressively gotten slower and a few apps that were fine have started to not load.

Yesterday I reset the phone via "settings" (but kept the content) and its made the world of difference. Battery is miles better and the apps are reopening again.

Recommend it to anyone

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
This beta seems to be less buggy on iPhone 5. Thank apple just pulled iOS 7 together just in time for show. Running great on my I5 with little bugs, but tried with my I4 and it was like ??? Like they never optimized devises under the 5.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I only have this weird bug that makes my sleep button not respond. I have too press or three times till it locks.
It's not a hardware issue at all

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Re: iOS 7 Developer Beta info and Bug dicussion

Yesterday playing with Siri I asked "what's my wife's name?" Siri couldn't answer and pulled up a web search. I then asked "what's my brother's name?" this time it correctly displayed both of my contacts marked as brother and asked "which one?" then the phone rebooted.

Agallday88

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site

For those of you with Apps stuck updating, unfortunately you do still need to connect to wifi to get them to stop. However, if it is important for you to access those apps, you can still search for the app in the app store, view the app preview and then hit open and it will open it. I know it's a pain but its a temporary work around until you can find wifi. Hope it helps.

ag

nheilweil

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Don't know how I missed this but you can now have mail folders for unread, flagged & attachments! Woo hoo!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

For anyone unable to control music using the headphone mic play/pause, skip track. Unlock the phone and open the music app, once the app is open the mic controls work.

roccyxo

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site

why doesn't caller id work anymore? every caller is now "unknown". is there any solution?

duke20220

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site

Found one as I was driving & using maps last night (really like the night mode)

I usually have the phone locked and have the screen turn on for turns etc

Well when I got a new text or email notification on the lock screen the screen would not go back to the map unless I unlocked and then locked the phone again.

Happened multiple times during the drive. Sent it into Apple

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

has anyone found the way to delete a single entry in an iMessage stream now? Before there was an edit button but that is gone. So I figured it's probably just swipe which is cool well I've swiped both ways and no dice.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

has anyone found the way to delete a single entry in an iMessage stream now? Before there was an edit button but that is gone. So I figured it's probably just swipe which is cool well I've swiped both ways and no dice.

I could not find a way either.. Beta 2 :)

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site

Hold down on the message. Click more. Then you can select messages, delete and forward.

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site

I just noticed that compass mode in either apple maps or google maps does not work. Is anyone else experiencing that issue?

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site

I just noticed that compass mode in either apple maps or google maps does not work. Is anyone else experiencing that issue?

Works for me in apple maps. I used it while walking downtown a few days ago to find a coffee shop.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Compass works fine for me... but I am seeing something else strange... going to the 'Recents' tab on the bookmarks page on Maps, there are two entries that show up - one from a web site, and perhaps one from an email?? -- these entries will not go away - clearing recents doesn't do it... and I can't seem to find anywhere else to nuke 'em...

Lydia Thibault

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

Same for me i got unknown for contact and others are showing. If contacts let voice mail i can see the id.

shadski1

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site

I just submitted the bug but can another dev try and tell me if it happens to them too. You must have a passcode on your device in order to test this for me. I'm sorry if it's been posted already I read through and don't remember anyone mentioning it. Lock your device then use the lock screen shortcut to open your camera. Then hit the home button and let me know if it bypasses the passcode and takes you to the home screen?

How do you submit bugs to apple?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods