iOS 7 Developer Beta info and Bug discussion

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: iOS 7 Developer Beta info and Bug dicussion

Not really a bug per say, but is anyone else being driven crazy by the choice of keyboard in Safari? My typing habits cause me to put a .com on every word. It needs to be done more like the Chrome keyboard, with the .com along the top of the keys. Also, I have never needed an emoji in a web search. Anyone experiencing these frustrations?

The ".com" and the emoji keyboard icon are where they’ve always been... no difference between iOS6 and 7. The only differences is that iOS7 Safari keyboard has a space bar in place of the "." and "/" keys on the bottom row.

Not an issue. I suspect the space bar is there now because the URL bar is also the search bar... can’t have spaces in a URL, but you can use a space bar in a search key.

whoknowsnotme

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site

Anyone else having problems with Find my iphone app? The ap closes as soon as map shows up. Thought I might have seen something about GPS not fully functional in this beta, not sure.

nheilweil

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Just discovered that you can close a Safari tab by swiping it away.

That's good since trying to click in that little "x" was driving me crazy since most of the time I'd miss and accidentally open the tab instead of closing it.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site

It's an awesome update, even though it's beta 1.

Some things I love/like so far:
The user interface
Taking photos and editing, right from the built-in camera app
Control Center (one of the reasons I jailbroke my device - SBSettings)

Since it's beta, I won't include things that I dislike as I understand that these concerns can (and than likely will) get ironed out come release time.

bbowser100

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Beta 1 thoughts

If anyone had specific questions fire away. I am running IOS7 as a developer and think I detected most of the obvious bugs. What a battery hog!

Last edited by a moderator:

droidguru

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

Yes, the Find my iPhone app is essentially dysfunctional. As soon as the map opens then app closes. GPS functioning tine with Google and native Iphone maps though. Will beta 2 be released prior to July?

Louis Loi

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

hi there, you just have same thinking as mine. haha. although i'm not developer but i did bought UDID from websites and install it the iOS 7 and send back the diagnostic data back to Apple.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site

Anyone else having problems with Find my iphone app? The ap closes as soon as map shows up. Thought I might have seen something about GPS not fully functional in this beta, not sure.

Yes, the Find my iPhone app is essentially dysfunctional. As soon as the map opens then app closes. GPS functioning tine with Google and native Iphone maps though. Will beta 2 be released prior to July?

There is an updated "Find my iPhone" app available on the dev website that works with iOS 7. The current version is not compatible.

You would know that if you actually had a developer account.... #justsayin

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Re: iOS 7 Beta 1 Thoughts and Bug list

I have an iPhone 4, 4s and 5 all jailbroken for theme purposes and biteSMS

I decided to install the iOS7 last night on my 4s; I'm in Canada (if that matters) - This is what I've noticed:

- Caller ID is disabled. Very irritating since I need this for work.
- Super slow
- The "phone" ap is wonky. Its frozen right now at "favorites" I cannot place an outgoing call, or listen to voice mail, etc - If I restart it, it just freezes again when I'm in the "Phone" ap.
"Favorites" seem to work sometimes but switching quickly to "recent" or to "contacts" will freeze it.
- Sending MMS seems to be glitchy. I thought it was my 3G so I turned on wifi. Same thing.
- 2hrs ago, I saw "SIM CARD NOT INSTALLED" forcing me to open up my card slot. It was still intact, but when I closed it, it seemed to recognize my SIM again.
- Cannot see typing

Things I hope Apple changes/adds:
Speed, SIRI (no change in voice), charging time, themes (more options like colors or bookcases for the aps), ringtones are so outdated, send location option in iMessage (like What'sapp and Viber)

Overall I would rate 8/10 - if I can fix the stuff above it would be perfect. I would prefer to run iOS7 than have it JB (fyi)

You are pretty much not entitled to be irritaded about the caller id not working, it is beta software and observation rather than irritation is what we should be looking at.
Not fair to give it a score, ios7 is NOT finished and I have a feeling the score will go up once it's out for everybody.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site

Oh, I didn't expect new iOS 7 to have so many problems, even in beta. The story with iOS 6 repeats...

Sorry but you are the kind of person who should NOT test beta software, problems with betas are ALWAYS expected and this is so you can have a much better or problem free experience later when it's released to the public.
I dont understand what you mean with the ios6 story.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site

My caller ID works, most everything on my phone works. Battery is as good as iOS 6.

Makes me wonder if when people downloaded the ipsw it got corrupted somehow and causing all of these issues.

The only bug I have is it doesn't remember my wireless network. It's hidden so I have to type in the SSID, choose the security, and enter the password every time I return home. It also asks me for my Apple password to download apps I've previously purchased.

Other than that, I'm good.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

My caller ID works, most everything on my phone works. Battery is as good as iOS 6.

Makes me wonder if when people downloaded the ipsw it got corrupted somehow and causing all of these issues.

The only bug I have is it doesn't remember my wireless network. It's hidden so I have to type in the SSID, choose the security, and enter the password every time I return home. It also asks me for my Apple password to download apps I've previously purchased.

My call ID works, the regular phone functions work fine. Battery life soemtimes goes down quickly, sometimes is better than iOS6, and there's the odd crash from time to time when app-switching, but that's fine for a beta -- totally expected b/c it isn't optimized.

My flash was wonky yesterday on photos but now seems to work.

Wifi works fine, but I "upgraded" rather than restoring. Do get asked for my password for previously downloaded apps.

Frankly this is totally fine even as a daily driver, which is what I intend to use it as through each of the beta builds until/unless unmanageable bugs pop up. If they do, I'll downgrade to iOS 6 with no problems. But I don't think I'm going to need to.

Didn't download the beta Find My iPhone app, tho. Figured it wasn't that important just yet, but maybe I'll try to mess around with it when the next beta is released...

nheilweil

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Not sure if this is only iOS 7, but when I'm in iMessage and send photo to group (which causes the send method to change to MMS), I get the "! Not delivered" error but the photo does go through. The error is a mistake.

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

I downgraded back to IOS6 a couple of days ago, but I was wondering if someone could test something out?

I'm wondering whether the Gif in the link below, would work as a background image, given the new "dynamic backgrounds"? Or if it'd even be possible

So relaxing

darrylpierce

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

Regarding the caller ID not working - here is what I found. Please comment. iPhone 5 works perfectly for caller id. Also have installed on an iPhone 4S which is a different story. Caller ID on 4S only works if the incoming call is from the same carrier. Otherwise it shows as Unknown. Will see what the next version brings but already emailed Apple to let them know what I see.

nheilweil

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Have you folks been able to get AirDrop to work? Haven't had any luck. WiFi & Bluetooth on, tried Contacts Only & Everyone but no one shows up. Devices are three 5's & one 4S all on AT&T.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox