iOS 7 Developer Beta info and Bug discussion

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Re: Beta 1 thoughts

Anyone else having these issues and has anyone found a solution:

1.) My Podcasts app are totally messed up and wont work
2.) My bose headphones control doesnt work, the volume does but not start/stop/ff
3.) Cant seem to use the emoji keyboard

I submitted a bug report about the mic control not working for music. It's not only your bose headphones it's probably and issue since I had the problem on both my Soul headphones and the stock Apple earbuds.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site

And my annual offering to those of you who have loaded iOS 7 without being or working with/for a developer:

Please do not contact developers to tell us that our apps don't work on the beta. The beta is for us so that we can tweak our apps to work on it. It is not for you so that you can compile a list of what doesn't work. Remember that this is as new to us as it is to you, but while all you're doing is liking and disliking, we are working hard to make things work for you. For you. Got that?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site

And my annual offering to those of you who have loaded iOS 7 without being or working with/for a developer:

Please do not contact developers to tell us that our apps don't work on the beta. The beta is for us so that we can tweak our apps to work on it. It is not for you so that you can compile a list of what doesn't work. Remember that this is as new to us as it is to you, but while all you're doing is liking and disliking, we are working hard to make things work for you. For you. Got that?

You have two days to get the iMore app working or else! Even more so considering you aren't allowed to publish apps using the iOS 7 SDK. lol

I also noticed that little circle has disappeared at the top signifying type of signal. It now says 1xRTT for me when toggling airplane mode. I wonder if my GSM counterparts notice it saying GPRS instead of the circle...

rj5570

May 5, 2010
Visit site

ok, I just completed an hour and 45 minute bike ride. iPod thumping the whole time. Map My Ride tracking, receiving emails and text also fitbit app running. I started with 100% battery was down to 51% after the ride. then had 2 phone calls for a total of 45 min after, batter now at 48%.

Not to shabby for a beta 1

Vapor86

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site

to be expected from a beta especially the first one. I had the same thing on iOS 6 betas.

Do you have multiple phones because I only have one phone, and despite all these bugs, I still think it is worth staying with ios7.0 beta, unless the battery is as awful as it may appear to be. How often does Apple take to release updated betas in the past?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

Do you have multiple phones because I only have one phone, and despite all these bugs, I still think it is worth staying with ios7.0 beta, unless the battery is as awful as it may appear to be. How often does Apple take to release updated betas in the past?

No I have one phone, I also think even with the bugs it's still worth sticking with the beta. I have actually noticed so far today I don't know if the OS is learning or what but my battery life is much better than it was this morning. I have also been on Wifi for the majority of the day. So we'll see how the battery fares in my 1 hour ride home on LTE. This morning it was dreadful though I dropped about 35% in a little over an hour on standby.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

The folders now, while they have pages and can hold more apps, each page only has 9 apps. So the more apps there are the more scrolling it will require to find them. The folder should use the full screen so it would be like home screens in a folder but it would cut down on the scrolling while allowing more space for apps.

One more annoyance with pages of apps within folders that I just discovered... if one of the items on the 2nd page (or beyond) gets "badged", the folder is also badged (as it is now and should be)... but it appears to be a ghosted badge until you realize that you have multiple pages of apps in that folder. Not a problem, and not a huge issue... but it will be a major annoyance until we get used to the multiple pages... #sigh

unstoppablekem

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I'm not sure if someone already said this, but I can't really read every post in this thread.

My brother is loving iOS 7 on his phone. Everything works, but iMessage. It won't slide over and sometimes it says "waiting for activation", and if it does slide over, settings crashes. I tried restarting the phone, and it didn't work. It works with his friend's phone, and they are both in my registered users (have their UDID), so I don't know what is the problem. Please help. Thanks.

FYI, they both have 4S's.

photo-2.PNG

Vapor86

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site

Has anyone had any apps that have needed updating yet. Its been less than 24 hours, but none of my apps have had any updates so I was wanted to know:

1.) Will the apps update automatically and show a notification (has this happened for anyone yet?)

2.) Or for the time being will it just appear in the app store

For the more experienced guys who have beta tested in the past - I use my Podcasts App a lot to find/listen to new music and it is essentially unusable now. I can find most if not all of the podcasts I listen to on the Internet, but they are a continuous hour stream instead of being able to listen track by track. Will this most likely remain a problem until the next beta update or later (this is what I would naturally assume)?

I didn't notice anyone mention this or talk about it but the flashlight button on the swipe up is pretty cool.

hochy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

the ispw can be extracted on windows, just install poweriso and during installation, make sure .dmg is selecteed

Buck1127

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: iOS 7 Beta 1 Thoughts and Bug list

Quick reply for messages not working........ Lol just joking not working cause it wasn't added. Sorry folks had to at least joke about it

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

Not sure if already posted or not but imore forums app just force closes for me.

Also I honestly hate how the keyboard is different in multiple places. I have seen three different colors so far with ios7. Hopefully that will be fixed.

Also exchange gmail contacts isn't working for me.

jbeck22

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

I installed the beta lastnight and my battery has been horrible. But I did a restore immediately after I installed. Has anyone who has installed iOS7 installed as a new phone and had the battery perform OK / better? I was thinking about trying the install again and this time setting up the phone as a new phone and not doing a restore, just to see...but thought I would ask here first and hopefully save some time.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

I installed the beta lastnight and my battery has been horrible. But I did a restore immediately after I installed. Has anyone who has installed iOS7 installed as a new phone and had the battery perform OK / better? I was thinking about trying the install again and this time setting up the phone as a new phone and not doing a restore, just to see...but thought I would ask here first and hopefully save some time.

This is a BETA RELEASE. This is the FIRST BETA RELEASE. It’s going to have issues... not the least of which will be crashing springboard, failing apps and battery woes. This should NEVER be installed on your only/primary device, as anything can go wrong... and certainly, YMMV.

phoon61

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

When i open the camera app or camera + app i have a round dot on the top left of the screen and in my photos.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro