Seriously can't wait for iOS7

ruger141

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Ugh I'm not liking the "flat design" at all. If that's the case I hope there is an option to use the flat design or original design. What's the point of a Retina Display without a beautiful interface? It's one of my favorite parts of iOS. But I'm a highly aesthetic person though. I am looking forward to what new features may be available though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buylocal_getaBB

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
So will this revamp finally bring ios into the 21st century? how about a usable file browser at the VERY least, maybe the ability to deal with 1080p videos!??

dobermansrule

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Ugh I'm not liking the "flat design" at all. If that's the case I hope there is an option to use the flat design or original design. What's the point of a Retina Display without a beautiful interface? It's one of my favorite parts of iOS. But I'm a highly aesthetic person though. I am looking forward to what new features may be available though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's exactly what I am thinking. I want the effect that are on the icons now because it just has this sort of elegance to it. I hope that if they do do the flat design that it looks good and doesn't ruin the elegance of the OS.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I am hoping to be able to manage my iPod Nano with my iPad and manage all photos (read delete) on it without needing a 'truck' computer.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

So will this revamp finally bring ios into the 21st century? how about a usable file browser at the VERY least, maybe the ability to deal with 1080p videos!??

I am hoping to be able to manage my iPod Nano with my iPad and manage all photos (read delete) on it without needing a 'truck' computer.

It?s going to be interesting to see what actually comes with/in iOS 7, but I have a strong feeling that some (maybe ALL) of you are going to be disappointed. It?s almost 100% guaranteed that if they go with a "flat" design, that it won?t be a user configurable option. If it?s "flat", that?s going to be your only choice.

The file browser thought is interesting... but on a device with a 960 x 640 resolution, it doesn?t make much sense to to 1080p video...

Finally, doubtful that you?ll be able to configure/manage other devices from a different device.

We?ll know soon enough, however...

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
The geek in me is always excited for major OS updates. Like a lot if you, I'm very curious to see what Jony Ive has done with the look of iOS.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
People can say they have a feeling that they will be disappointed it's their right. Everyone is different that is what makes the world a fun place. Me however I can honestly say I will not be disappointed. I never have at any iOS version. I love the excitement of the keynote, watching to see what new features are put out. I chose iOS for a reason and perhaps I just don't put as much importance in the way it looks or perhaps it's the fact of being a Jailbreaker so I've never had to use the stock iOS for long periods of time. 1 more day to go!!!!!! 😄

Richard Nieves

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Being a design centric person (I like designing app Mockups, layouts, am studying architecture and do more of the interior decorating in my house than my girlfriend) I am very curious if iOS will become more bland or more modern. As it stands now the realistic elements used now are what make iOS seem element because, for the most part, they are nicely done. Over time those elements have aged and need updating. Apps like contacts on ios are easily the most boring of all apps on the phone. As a matter of fact the realistic elements like leather and such are more common on the iPad than iPhone so taking away the gloss and shadows without redesigning iOS to look attractive with less textures would kill the elegance. If we use the WWDC app as an example, its pretty boring. It's almost all grey tones except for the navigation icons when clicked and label marks on events. Flat and simple can be done right. Not everybody likes it, but android did do a great job with flat design because it still has some depth, just the right amount of accent colors and is designed from the ground up to look good. I am not a fan of metro, I think that's way to extravagant and I don't expect that for ios. My fear is they try to simply remove textures from iOS and call that a new design. It doesn't need an entire revamp to look good, but everything needs an overhaul or tweak to work properly. The WWDC app has way too many color tones within the same color brightness. There needs to be more contrasting colors (really dark grey or black. Also, I gradients need to be all the same contrast so if they are going to use an extremely light gradient, everything needs that same level. The header bars had more of a distinctive gradient than the almost flat top bar. That makes the design look less polished and incomplete.

No one said WWDC app was what iOS 7 will be, but I am analyzing what we have to go on.

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I am stoked for WWDC- I can't wait to hear what iOS 7 will bring.

My prediction of iOS 7:
80% will be cosmetic changes, with what we've read so far with the flat design and a few surprises.
15% will be updates to functionality with existing apps, i.e. maps, mail, passbook, etc.
5% will be new apps/features of iOS 7

And since everybody is hating on Apple, there will be a "one more thing" and it will be the introduction of iRadio.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I’ve said all along that iOS 7 will be a big change... but given all the anticipation and hype, it can’t help but disappoint some. It’s just not possible to live up to it all.

And, yes, I am excited to see what it brings.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
607AD61B-9C11-49A6-A0CD-60F77AE7CE78-3750-0000011BB343205B.jpg

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I can hardly wait for all the haters in the blogosphere to dish their usual venom on how Apple is total fail...

GinoDotCom

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
lol...i can't wait to see the flood of "iOS 7 is stale" comments after they show it and it doesn't look like Android.

Haha. It sure doesn't need to look like android however Apple can surely borrow some simple features from google that should've been available a long time ago. Like better overall custimazation and better multitasking capabilities.

Have you guys seen the 50/50 multi window multitasking on that sweet S4? Take notes seemlessly on the bottom window while watching your tutorial video on top. Apple needs something like this ASAP. I also want a bigger screen though that I realize it comes down to personal preference. I also could greatly benefit from an infrared beem on my phone. I have endless IR gadgets all over the house.

I'm going to wait and see what Apple does with ios7 and the next iPhone. If I don't like what I see, I'm making the switch the day ip6 is announced.

..and I've been time iPhone since Feb 2008 :( had every model since. Have iPad 1 & 3. That S4 is on another level folks. And android is stable enough for me at this point to actually consider taking the leap.

Regards,

Gino

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Haha. It sure doesn't need to look like android however Apple can surely borrow some simple features from google that should've been available a long time ago. Like better overall custimazation and better multitasking capabilities.

Have you guys seen the 50/50 multi window multitasking on that sweet S4? Take notes seemlessly on the bottom window while watching your tutorial video on top. Apple needs something like this ASAP. I also want a bigger screen though that I realize it comes down to personal preference. I also could greatly benefit from an infrared beem on my phone. I have endless IR gadgets all over the house.

I'm going to wait and see what Apple does with ios7 and the next iPhone. If I don't like what I see, I'm making the switch the day ip6 is announced.

..and I've been time iPhone since Feb 2008 :( had every model since. Have iPad 1 & 3. That S4 is on another level folks. And android is stable enough for me at this point to actually consider taking the leap.

Regards,

Gino

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. And it make sense to switch ecosystems if the one you’re currently subscribed to isn't meeting your needs.

With that said, how functional can a split screen/dual app process be on a 4" screen? Infrared beam? Really? I’m guessing that you should go ahead and pack your bags now ... cause that stuff ain’t coming to an iPhone near you or me anytime soon.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro