My ios 7 mock up design

Richard Nieves

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys. First off these aren't official or anything, but they are just an idea at what the OS. Can look like with a revamp. I'll be posting back over time and adding more (and updating what I already have posted)

Here is what I think a new contacts app should look like

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1367389004.274293.jpg

Before I really do much more I want some feedback :) these are just for fun but hoping that Ive includes some detail in his simple designs and not just a pure flat look. Simple done right can be both tasteful and attractive.

What I would really like is a black/white/chosen color scheme where many elements use a black or white theme some greys and a pop color the user can choose. For the background I also thought it would be nice to have the user choose an image and that image will be turned into a black and white photo and create two photos, one whitened and one blackened, which will be used depending on what theme an app is using. For example, an all black themed app would use the blackened background and a all white or mixed white and black theme would use the whitened background. This basically would replace pinstripes.

I have also made some layout modifications to the Social app and have some ideas of how the app could work

- the ability to message a phone number is available on the same dialog section as the phone number itself. You would simply click the message bubble if a way to message is available.

- synergy skills! My mock shows what a social app with synergy could do. Aside from having social network info, the app could sync with services for contacting like Skype, tango and others. Rather than having things everywhere, I have divided the contact info into four sections phone/messages - for calling via a phone number or messaging the appropriate number, VoIP - for calling or messaging via services such as tango, Skype, google voice and more!, email-self explanatory, video call-also self explanatory. I would have loved to use a gesture on phone numbers and user names where if you slide left you can video chat if available or slide right to message but Samsung pretty much does that. Holding down on a number would give you all options available for the number so you could also hold down on a number and choose to video chat text ect. One thing apple should do is automatically determine a user is an ios user and indicate that in the social app without the user having to choose it. It's obvious apple knows who is as typing an email or number in the messaging app will automatically change a text to an iMessage if the number or email is associated with iCloud.

I have plenty more mocks and thoughts for the ios social app and other apps! Working on Game Center along with social app at the moment!

P.s. to all those who said the ipad was just a big iPod, I am proving them wrong, all mocks are made from iDraw for ios :)

Last edited:

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
This really looks great. I know some big changes have to be coming to contacts, calendar, and hopefully email, too. Your design is a great place to start. That look and feel seems a lot more usable and functional than the current contacts app.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox