Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Richard Devine
  • 1 Post By Massie
  • 1 Post By CrackedBarry
  • 1 Post By kch50428
  • 2 Post By pommie82
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default Really will get these on iOS 7?

So many rumors about iOS 7 around. Here just found something interesting,
    Esp. the Fingerprint recognition captured my attention a lot? But still wonder if it's possible to become true on the next gen. iPhone?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Default Re: Really will get these on iOS 7?

No. Fingerprint recognition will not be possible.

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Even if it was, I doubt I'd use it much. I had it years ago on a laptop I purchased and although it was a nice feature, it really wasn't practical for my use. Besides, I prefer to just type in my passcode and be done with it.
    iMore staff

Global Posts
    430 Global Posts

Sir Jony Ive's on the case. He's British, so whatever he's got up his sleeve I'm sure it's going to be worth the wait
    chris_328 likes this.
    iMore Beginner

I had fingerprint recognition on my Motorola atrix. It was okay. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    Even if it was, I doubt I'd use it much. I had it years ago on a laptop I purchased and although it was a nice feature, it really wasn't practical for my use. Besides, I prefer to just type in my passcode and be done with it.
    yeah we had one in our Union office I set the committee up with it.....it worked OK but wasn't too popular
    webOS for life

iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

kill them with kindness :-)

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    yeah we had one in our Union office I set the committee up with it.....it worked OK but wasn't too popular
    I believe it. It looks cool in the movies, but that's about it, in my regard......Thank you for the reply and enjoy the rest of your afternoon.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

We have it at work. The slightest bit of dust or skin oil and the dang thing won't clock you in. And a pin scratch requires replacement. Nuff said.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts

I got 50 bucks on iOS7 having very minor changes from iOS6, despite the speculation going on in the tech media. I think there's going to be another round of "is that it?". You heard it here first. Takers?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

Well I don't know about the fingerprint scanner. If it's fast to use then it'll be good. Otherwise just a waste IMO.

All I know is that the big rumor is that Jony will make ios 7 to have a flatter look to it.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    457 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by JobSteves View Post
    Well I don't know about the fingerprint scanner. If it's fast to use then it'll be good. Otherwise just a waste IMO.

All I know is that the big rumor is that Jony will make ios 7 to have a flatter look to it.
    Everyone keeps saying that Ive will make the OS "flatter." What exactly does that mean? I consider myself to be somewhat tech savvy and I've never heard of that term.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,957 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Les74 View Post
    Everyone keeps saying that Ive will make the OS "flatter." What exactly does that mean? I consider myself to be somewhat tech savvy and I've never heard of that term.
    Flat design is more like Windows Metro/RT: few or no gradients, 3D effects, or skeuomorphic elements. Instead it's more two-dimension, "flat" fields of color.
    Thanked by:
    Les74 (04-13-2013)
    chris_328 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0 Beta1

A fingerprint option. Now I would love that IF its done right. But if it turns out to be another maps fiasco then it will flop
    Owner of : Verizon iPhone 5s Space Grey 64 GB and new iPad 4th Generation 16 GB Wifi
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    1,316 Global Posts

If its done right, it would be a great way to manage multiple accounts on an iPad, for example.

When you press the homebutton your fingerprint will be read, and it'll open with your settings.

Could also be used for secure payments instead of a clunky NFC solution.

Don't overestimate the "maps fiasco" as you call it. The bloggering class and tech geeks got to make a few jokes for a couple of weeks, but that was mostly it.

iPhone users have a much better mapping solution now, and besides Android geeks, who wouldn't get an iPhone anyways, nobody really cares or remember.

Best proof is in the numbers. The iPhone is still the worlds best selling smartphone, and the overwhelming majority of users upgraded to 6.0...
    Ipheuria likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    514 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    I got 50 bucks on iOS7 having very minor changes from iOS6, despite the speculation going on in the tech media. I think there's going to be another round of "is that it?". You heard it here first. Takers?
    I don't know. I've heard Ive (get it?) is going to be making some really noticeable changes in iOS 7. I hope and don't hope this happens. I enjoy the looks and feel with the iPhone. Just as everybody that owns an iPhone does, I'm sure. But nothing has actually been said about iOS 7. We'll just have to wait and see. I'm super stoked for it though.

Blake
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts

Agreed. Seems like we go through this every year, the hype, people stating rumors as fact, and then it's announced and everyone is "disappointed" (to various degrees). I'm really not expecting much from iOS or the hardware, which is a shame, so much competition right now. Hopefully I'll be wrong and caught completely off-guard, I just doubt it. I still can't see myself ever leaving the iPhone but every year I'm just a tad more tempted.
    Follow me on the Twitter - @_jorts
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,818 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

The people who are "disappointed" are the consumers and that is because people are making concepts that are so sick the consumers start to think that these features should be in the new iOS. The problem is none of the concepts convey how much work it would take to do it or how many thing would break if it was done. But the reason people are disappointed is because they are comparing the iOS that is released against the concepts that is getting them excited. I have never been disappointed by any iOS launch because they have always given me features that made things a little easier. This time around it's offered they might do toggles in the NC and I'm excited to see that not some really good concept that has widgets on the lock screen, transparent overlays, etc. If WWDC comes up and they don't give me toggles I'm not going to be disappointed because I know there will be something that I didn't have before and the excitement of using it. However consumers are not like that because they don't use their devices like I do that's just my opinion.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)

Global Posts
    11,127 Global Posts
    iOS Version

It doesn't matter what Apple does - there will always be the "is that it" whine - mostly from people who are denizens of other platforms because haters gotta hate. Any takers on your offer would be fools.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    swarlos likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    821 Global Posts

I can't see it cause the link doesn't work
    iPhone Newbie

Don't expect nothing then you won't get disappointed

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk HD
    Ipheuria and swarlos like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ipheuria View Post
    The people who are "disappointed" are the consumers and that is because people are making concepts that are so sick the consumers start to think that these features should be in the new iOS.
    Far more people are comparing it to the competition and are still disappointed.
    Follow me on the Twitter - @_jorts
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    342 Global Posts

Until WWDC and the official word from Apple as to what is and is not in iOS7, I automatically presume that any 'insider speculation' of what iOS7 will have is 99% BS and 1% lucky guess. Remember, there are a large number of tech bloggers who's paycheck comes from iOS7 speculation click-bait, regardless of how accurate it is. And given how secretive Apple is of their future projects, one can confidently assume that any preview of iOS7 that isn't from Apple themselves is, in fact, BS.

You'll find out in a couple weeks, otherwise you're just spinning your wheels going "gee, I wonder if it will have THIS, or THIS?"

We all have our wish lists, true. Just keep in mind that EVERYTHING you hear is nothing but guesses and speculation at this point. Don't hang your hat on any of it.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    1,441 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    I wouldn't want this feature but why wouldn't it be possible? The atrix had one.