Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

Default Interoperability

Apple has spent years and money creating the familiarity that everyone has with iOS and what makes the success. Flush it down the toilet and start fresh? If you talk about a Post PC era you need to enable the era to take place. What do you think about this idea:

Apple creates a PUBLIC FOLDER with creatable subfolders where every app may save (e.g. iWork apps) or open (e.g. the mail app) documents.

Global Posts
    3,541 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Interoperability

I would just like to see iCloud do more. Should hold all the photos we have as well as music. I would be happy to spend $99 a year for unlimited iCloud storage of my media.
    jsntrenkler
    Mobile Gear: Retina Macbook Pro 13 / iPad Air / iPhone 5S / Pebble Smartwatch
    Community Rules & Guidelines
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    643 Global Posts

Default Re: Interoperability

how about giving all protocols and applications a fair shake at API's.

Apple's apps and services are given priority access to things like background processes and push. Gmail for example doesn't get IMAP IDLE, but is delegated to 15minute updates. Icloud = push imap.
    Chrisvklein: App.net // Twitter // Google+
    iPhone 5 (Verizon - 64GB) / iPad 4th Gen (WiFi - 32GB) / iMac (i7- 3.4 GHz) / Macbook Air (i7- 2.0 GHz)