06-10-2013 04:35 PM
- Wow I can't believe I'm the first one to put this thread out. It will also probably be one of my only posts that gets more than two or three replies lol. OK I know iOS 6 just dropped a little while ago but Apple is not going to drop major changes into point upgrade. So what do you guys want in iOS 7? What things are majorly missing from iOS still? The thing is lets not get too much into "I want a whole re-design" they have spent years and money creating the familiarity that everyone has with iOS to just flush it downt he toilet and start fresh. They will add to it though and when it does get old they will probably redo it but have the main points of iOS to still maintain the familiarity aspect. So lets see those lists?
Clock/Date toggle - I know A LOT of people now don't wear a watch because their smartphone is always on them. I also think that by making the iPhone, iPad, etc. and iOS mainstream Apple will have to start allowing users choices. The simplest choices will be the easiest ones because it will allow user to have the best of both worlds without complicating the OS. A simple toggle in the Settings menu to allow the Lock screen date/time to be on or off would do it for me.
Lock screen Album Art - Same as above I think a lot of people now have more of an emotional attachment to the image they put on the lock screen than the album art for whatever music they are listening to at the time. I think a little circle in the corner of the album art with an arrow that flips the screen between album art and lock screen gives users the simple choice.
Full Music app controls - The screen is big enough, the double tap of the home button means the controls wont be accessed accidentally. So why not allow me full control over the music app right from the lock screen. It would be so much faster than requiring me to unlock the device to get into my playlist, switch to coverflow, switch to a music list, etc.
Notification Center - Borrowing from Android I would like to see a different notification center on the lock screen by swiping down with two fingers. One that has toggles for BT, Wifi, Airplane mode, Do Not Disturb. One that has notification center widgets/quick access to creatinig a new iMessage, email, note. Glancable information that is not a compromise on security but increases efficiency.
Answer or dismiss iMessages from the lock screen - I get it that it's a security issue so why not put the features toggle in the passcode section. This way it can only be enabled by the user setting up a passcode. Then the message comes in you swipe it and tap the little "x" to dismiss or the message opens up not the whole app just the message. You read and reply and you're on with the rest of your day. This would have the additional benefit of not requiring the passcode when the iPhone is unlocked but behaving the same way, just opening the message.
App Icons anywhere on the home screen - If you talk about a Post PC era you need to enable the era to take place. I don't want to put icons anywhere on the screen just anywhere on the grid. I know a lot of people say it's hard to do. Well Apple has billions if a JB dev can do it I'm sure Apple can too in a way that doesn't cause crashes and problems.
Glass app folder icons - This is my personal taste but I want to enjoy the beautiful Retina screen and my own beautiful background. The linen folder background is hideous but having it in the folder icon is even worst. Why not have an elegant glass look to the icons with the background blurred a bit and then steel or aluminum style ring around the icon.
iDevices in AirDrop/Wifi Image Capture - I want to be able to connect to my iDevices without plugging them into the cable. I know I can use Photostream but it would be much easier to see it in AirDrop and click it and push pictures to it or pull them from it.
Thumb gesture app switcher - Steve Jobs said that the iPad doesn't run scaled up phone apps. So he made it know that there is a distinction between an iPad and iPhone/iPod Toch. So why not have some iPhone/Touch specific multi-touch gestures that work on the smaller screen. I'd love a thumb swipe to open the app switcher. It would be faster, more intuitive and save the home button some clicks.
Local Siri Commands - This one goes without saying requiring an internet connection to dial a number? come on now.
Additional Do Not Disturb sets - I want more than just one DND range. The time I don't want to be disturbed is not the same on the weekend as it might be during the week. I want to click add like you would for setting an alarm and be able to pick specific days. So you could have weekdays, weekends, holidays and turn them on and off just like you would alarms.
Option to change lock screen camera - There are so many apps with better features but I can't get the full use because when you see that fleeting shot the native camera is your only option.
Full screen iPad notification center - The iPhone sized notification center looks ridiculous on the iPad screen. Along with the fact of touting that the iPad doesn't run scaled up phone apps this shouldn't have existed for so long. More room means more space to put more information and features.
Ability to delete native apps - I have never used the native stocks, weather, compass, or newsstand app so why can't I delete it? The new Apple apps like Podcast, Apple Store, iTunes U, etc. I can install and un-install just like any other app. I want the same for some of the natively installed apps. I understand the core apps like Phone, Calendar, Messages, Safari will have to stay for the basic use of the phone. If grandma's stock or weather app was deleted I don't think she would miss it.
Custom lock/unlock sounds - There are so many more things in iOS 6 you can set custom sounds for how about allowing me to change the lock unlock sounds.11-20-2012 09:20 AMLike 9
- A few simple things... the ability to turn off notifications during phone calls, the AppleTV respecting the iTunes music library's "skip when shuffling" option being toggled on, and allow a 3rd party clock app active without it disrupting Do Not Disturb's functionality.11-20-2012 12:28 PMLike 3
- A few simple things... the ability to turn off notifications during phone calls, the AppleTV respecting the iTunes music library's "skip when shuffling" option being toggled on, and allow a 3rd party clock app active without it disrupting Do Not Disturb's functionality.11-20-2012 12:50 PMLike 4
- Notifications while on a call and when you pull down the notification center have toggles for wifi, Bluetooth, and do not disturb. I like the iOS5 update with notifications just need to add a little more ease to operation.
One thing I would like to see since most have had to go to a tired plan have a usage widget in the notification pull down for each carrier to show your usage easily. It's the little things that count.11-20-2012 01:34 PM
- 11-20-2012 03:43 PM
- 11-21-2012 08:49 AM
- 11-21-2012 08:51 AM
- 1. Turn notifications off when talking.
2. Wifi and bluetooth toggles in notification pull down.
3. The ability to move not copy photos to a new album.
4. The ability to move icons anywhere you want.
4. Better voice to text recognition.
5. The ability to copy an event in the calendar.
6. Swipe individual items from the notification pull down.
7. Give apps permission to work in the background. For example I use downcast and I would like to set a time for that app to look for new episodes. If there are new episodes automatically download them.11-21-2012 04:36 PM
- -The ability to move not copy photos to a new album.
-Turn off notifications when talking on the phone.
-Wifi and Bluetooth toggles in the notification pulldown menu.
-Better voice to text recognition.
-The ability to allow apps to work in the background. An example would be a podcast catcher. I use downcast and would like the ability to set a time to look for an retrieve new podcast and be notified via the home screen andnotification pulldown menu.
-Swipe individual notifications away in the pulldown menu.
-Live wallpapers or at least allow the background picture to change automatically like a slide show.
-The ability to place apps wherever I want on my home screen.
-It would be nice if you set a timer or use stopwatch to be able to check the status in the notification pulldown or on the lock screen.
Last edited by farb12; 11-21-2012 at 05:01 PM.11-21-2012 04:49 PM
Also major enhancements to Reminders.
Like being able to sort in day view.
Having priorities sort.
Ability to set an all day reminder
Good Luck11-21-2012 08:06 PM
- 11-23-2012 03:26 AM
- that actually is a very good point - battery performance
i believe there is only so much that can be done with software that can help with battery performance. i think we can all agree that one of Apples main priorities would be battery life preservation. we should know that they are not going to add all kinds of bells & whistles if the battery is going to take a hit, plain & simple
it is a known fact that the minute they release a build that requires more battery usage then we will Release the Kraken! your major iOS overhaul would have to come on a New device, IMHO11-23-2012 07:37 AM
- The thing with more battery is that the iPhone 5 is so thin and light. The components are getting smaller and battery tech is advancing. Do we really think Apple is going to leave the iPhone size and weight alone and never introduce a "Thinner, lighter" iPhone x? So I think with the advancements skip trying to make it thinner and lighter since most people think it's unbelievable right now anyway. So for a generation or two use that extra space and jam a little bit more battery in. It's Apple find a way lol
This will tie in to the whole battery life thing but I want a walking/driving mode for Siri. I always thought this was how it would work when Siri was announced. I want the phone to see that it has been in motion for longer than 5 minutes and automatically switch to the mode. When new text messages come in Siri reads them to the user and then says "Would you like to respond?" the user speaks and then Siri sends the text. This would greatly enhance the hands free idea and it would also make the whole act of doing it more natural because it would be like a virtual conversation. So it would be almost indistinguishable from having a phone call. Taking the weirdness out of talking to your phone while walking on the street or sitting on a train.11-23-2012 07:48 AM
- I certainly hope ios7 is a bigger step forward because to me ios6 was not. Yes maps was nice but really the do not disturb feature is the only thing I could not live without! Ill take a hit to the battery for a little more functionally. Hell I'm a heavy user and I have never had battery issues.
Last edited by farb12; 11-23-2012 at 01:55 PM.11-23-2012 10:11 AM
- wow now i see why apple implement weak upgrades but anyways my wants would be
a i blacklist type of feature on the iPhone (and please don't talk to me bout that ridiculous do not disturb crap )
a bitesms type of sms service...crying out loud these things should have been on ios ....ugh
these things should have been implemented
and people the UI will never change
I am sorta almost going to the nexus 4 since its not that expensive unlocked and not use my upgrade(i am on the iphone4 now) when the 5s drops....but god i paid so much into these apps on11-27-2012 02:04 AM
- By Jeremy in forum iOS 6Replies: 73Last Post: 08-29-2012, 08:51 PM
- By Rene Ritchie in forum iOS 5Replies: 87Last Post: 03-09-2012, 10:28 AM
- By Madpod in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 102Last Post: 01-10-2009, 07:57 AM
- By Jeremy in forum iPhone 4Replies: 107Last Post: 11-13-2008, 10:52 AM
- By msbaylor in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 2Last Post: 10-28-2008, 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD