What do you want to see in iOS 7?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
For me, I can tell that there will be a 'quick settings' feature that can add shortcuts on the notification center. Read it from idownloadblog, super epich! I hope they can add more stuffs to the notification center, to me I feel that it can go a long way if they keep updating it with new ideas

you're not THE pod2g are you?

HAL 8950

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Siri enhancements, offline Siri, Apple Maps enhancements (take the input that we the users have submitted and update the maps please)

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I really love the idea of a OSX/iOS merger which I've seen for a next generation iPhone concept. I think it would look lovely and give a new "wow" factor to future devices.

Ben Swanson

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm really hoping that they'll finally give developers direct access to setting camera focus and exposure. Right now you're pretty much stuck with just picking screen points and hoping things work out, it would be great to be able to really fine tune things in photography apps.

SoggyTempura

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I would love to see the basics that Android has been doing for a while... things like attaching documents to native email, being able to choose default programs (Chrome instead of Safari or Google Maps instead of theirs), or being able to share natively to G+, LinkedIn, etc.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I would love to see the basics that Android has been doing for a while... things like attaching documents to native email, being able to choose default programs (Chrome instead of Safari or Google Maps instead of theirs), or being able to share natively to G+, LinkedIn, etc.

Apple will never allow that, I mean they wanted Google out of their IOS alltogether which is why they made their own maps and only because it sucked did they let google put their maps app.

iNotes4You

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
A public folder with access from every app where well-known file formats (Microsoft Office, iWork, PDF, etc.) can be saved.
For me the app-specific storage of files is the biggest disadvantage of iOS. At the time Apple still argues that there is an 'Open in' for interoperability of application data. But in a short time there is a high redundancy of files on the device.
This is a behavior we had in the dark age of electronic devices.
If Apple doesn't fix this more and more customers will move over to Android.

Another point is the missing direct connection to external storages. iTunes File Sharing? What a software/dinosaur for exchanging data.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
This is a forum post I turned into a blog post.

i'll divide this post up by fixes and new features.

{{Fixes}}

? Safari- Tired of the crashing, dead tabs and freezing.

? Maps. They suck.

? Siri. She sucks.

{{Requested Features}}

? AirDrop For iOS

? Notification Center

? in the lock screen
? ability to dismiss individual notifications
? Quick settings widget
? Allow developers to create widgets
? Actionable notifications- I.e. respond to texts, etc
? Better looking. New theme or something. Idk. It's ugly in my opinion.

? No more face quake.

-------------

? Passbook

? Support for NFC hardware (assuming we ever get an iPhone with NFC. Doubtful).

? Better Multitasking. Not sure how, just needs to be gesture controlled and better looking.

? Sharing options like android.

? Inter app communications. This ties into my last point in that on android apps are aware of each other and allow the user to send data or share data with apps.

? Allow users to set default apps.

? Allow users to delete stock apps, and download them from the App Store if they need them.

? Ship iPhones only with the following apps:

? Phone

? Messages

? iTunes

? App Store

-------------------

? Gestures on the iPhone

? Automatic app updates

? Self destructing iMessages

? App.Net integration (obvious pipe dream)

? Guest Mode/User Logins for iOS devices

? Allow developers more (greater) access to system resources.

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I am with you on everything except the Guest Mode/User Logins

I think this is something everyone thinks they want without thinking of the ramifications. These are mobile devices with limited amounts of RAM, people are already killing apps in order to keep them from using memory so toss in multi user to the mix and it's a recipe for disaster. Multi user means users will have different apps open using memory resulting in the device slowing down and frustrating users until they decide to reboot. Then what happens to the apps that open in the other user's account?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
In iOS 7 I want Apple to expand Siri functionality

Allow Siri to do things like turn DnD on and off - easier and faster for users

Allow Siri access to the alarm clock - I want to say Siri "turn my alarm off for the next three days" ie. If I'm sick or don't need my weekday alarm for some reason. The alarm should turn off and then re-enable saving me the effort of maintaining it manually

Rotation lock should be an on screen button that appears when the user has rotated the screen between orientations more than once. I believe pocket(not 100% sure of the app) has already implimented this and it is so elegant and efficient why isn't it system wide?

All iDevices should be able to connect without Wifi, use BT or NFC or whatever and allow the user to transfer pictures, videos, notes etc. betwen devices easily

Shared notes - Just like shared calendars I want to share notes between between Apple IDs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh