What do you want to see in iOS 7?

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I've always thought putting a notification light in the home button so the square would light would be cool but it seems to be frowned upon most on the forums.

With all the people just in this forum alone wishing the iPhone had an LED notification light this would suffice to satisfy them. ;)

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
"Thumb gesture app switcher - Steve Jobs said that the iPad doesn't run scaled up phone apps. So he made it know that there is a distinction between an iPad and iPhone/iPod Toch. So why not have some iPhone/Touch specific multi-touch gestures that work on the smaller screen. I'd love a thumb swipe to open the app switcher. It would be faster, more intuitive and save the home button some clicks."
This is already done on the BlackBerry PlayBook, where the currently running apps (the PlayBook fully multitasks) can be revealed with a single finger swipe from the bezel. This will also be a feature of the new BB10 phones. Apple should also get rid of the home button as well, the PlayBook and future all touch BlackBerry phones have no button, the device is fully controlled on the screen. Removing the home button will release some space for a redesign of the iPhone.

It's done in android as well for google now among other things.

Skele

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I hope they remove the apple maps. Twice it has got me at the wrong place in Dubai.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

KBV1

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
- Replicate BiteSMS for SMS
- Contact photos show down the side of Contacts and SMS
- Toggles in Notification pulldown for Wifi, Bluetooth, VPN

atpatter

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I want Tasks. When I plug my phone into charge I want it to start working for me, assuming I'm on wifi. I would love for my phone to auto upload photos to Dropbox or download podcasts. I don't need it to happen in the background like Android and drain my battery, I just want it to work when I'm not using my phone and on a charger.

Update to notification center to make it useful. I want to swipe alway individual notifications and have actionable notifications. I also want some type of an indicator that lets me know something is waiting in notification center. Sometimes I swipe down and see tons of notifications because I didn't know they were there and nothing in the OS told me they were there. At this point I like the notifications on the lock screen but notification center is useless and clearing notifications with that damn little close button drives me nuts. Oh, and add toggle settings as a widget, I'm not sure why we haven't had that since notification center was announced.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
My list:

Toggles in Notification Center (WiFi, BT, etc.)
Out of office replys in mail app
Date in Notification Center
Siri enable Wifi etc...
Some sort of quick reply for texts
Swipe up for task switcher & swipe away to close an app from switcher.

Edit: How could I forget the ability to delete specific songs/albums/artist in the music app. iOS 6 removed this feature.

There's others I'd want but these are the most likely

Irelandjnr

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
My 4 requests would be:
1. A dedicated, native dictionary app, like OS X.
2. Ireland-English Siri support.
3. General polish to UI and UX.
4. Greatly improved Hindi support for our friend in India (I know a girl who loves her iPad, but can't use an iPhone because of the lousy Hindi support when messaging - she messages a lot).

Irelandjnr

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I think That Apple has lost there ability to think of new ideas, And with that said, Android will steal the market soon...I am diehard Apple freak, but the apple ios6 update was lame.

Chill, it's a lot easier to add features than improve ease of use. What you think is boring, the rest of the world thinks elegant and simple. iOS 7 should be a great release.

Irelandjnr

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 7 Wants

Hi,
I have something to share with everyone. There are some fantastic concepts displayed on the Apple core forums on the verge.

Here is the link:
[img=http://www.theverge.com/2012/11/21/3489174/a-concept-to-improve-notifications-and-rid-ios-of-its-legacy-ui]A Concept to Improve Notifications and rid iOS of its 'Legacy' UI (mockups) *In Development* | The Verge Forums[/img]

Thanks!

This is all we need out of every idea design post on the verge: (the rest of their ideas ruin the iPhone UX IMO)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 43

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I want Tasks. When I plug my phone into charge I want it to start working for me, assuming I'm on wifi. I would love for my phone to auto upload photos to Dropbox or download podcasts. I don't need it to happen in the background like Android and drain my battery, I just want it to work when I'm not using my phone and on a charger.

Update to notification center to make it useful. I want to swipe alway individual notifications and have actionable notifications. I also want some type of an indicator that lets me know something is waiting in notification center. Sometimes I swipe down and see tons of notifications because I didn't know they were there and nothing in the OS told me they were there. At this point I like the notifications on the lock screen but notification center is useless and clearing notifications with that damn little close button drives me nuts. Oh, and add toggle settings as a widget, I'm not sure why we haven't had that since notification center was announced.

So you are wanting Jelly Bean on your iPhone?

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I would love to see developer API for widgets in the notification center, slide to delete individual notifications in the notification center, better attachment handling in the email app, the ability to choose default apps, editable results with Siri like in google now, offline functionality for Siri(like offline dictation), animated icons or icons that show vital info kinda like a cross between a widget and microsoft live tiles, system wide integration with certain third party apps, a quick settings widget, status bar notifications instead of badge app icons(at least the option to switch between the two). Alas, this is all but a pipe dream :(

Looks like you want Jelly Bean.

metfuel

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I already wrote in depth about what I want to see improved in iOS on my blog. So rather than clogging up the thread with a really long post; if people are interested here is a link.

http://metalfirestudios.com/2012/12/10/ios-improvements/

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods