What do you want to see in iOS 7?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Imagine if we got everything on that list does anyone think there would be people saying they are "underwhelmed" by iOS 7? I know if I just got two things on that list I would be overjoyed although the expanded DnD I think they have to do it so I'm almost expecting that to happen. It is just so obvious that it needs to be done.

richard_rsp

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
^ thats a pretty good list.

Additional things I would like to see:

A) Ability to create ringtones from MP3s on device. (select start and stop point)

and

B) Ability to set an adjustable perimeter/radius in reminders. (i.e. "Siri, remind me to get gas when I am near a gas station")

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I'd love to see a new "widget" API for developers to create their own notification centre widgets. The weather and stock widgets are awful lonely...

END

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I did not read through this thread so I am sure I am putting some ideas that are out there already.
With that disclaimer out of the way, here we go...

-Cards.
By this I mean a new way to envision the multi-tasking system used in iOS. I would like it if you could swipe up from the bottom of the screen and then access a set of cards which you can then see what the app’s state is (visuals are always a nice thing) then have the ability to just swipe them away a-la webOS. Heck others have “borrowed” from webOS time for Apple to take a look as well.
They could also use this area for quick toggles for Wi-Fi, Airplane mode, Bluetooth, etc…

-Actionable notifications would be a great thing as well. Just click on the notification and get on with your business.

-Three finger pinch on screen to exit out of apps rather than the home button.

-Make the weather icon dynamic.

-Better Siri integration locally on the device.

-Oh and though this falls under hardware, the home button be it the way it is now or capacitive, have a ring around the home button that glows different colours depending on the notification you missed.

That should be good for a start.

:)

farb12

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I've always thought putting a notification light in the home button so the square would light would be cool but it seems to be frowned upon most on the forums.

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I would like the ability to be able to switch wifi on/off, toggle airplane mode, bluetooth on/off from within the pulldown notification centre.

I also wish that Apple would get rid of the silent switch on the side, its way too easy to inadvertently activate when slipping the iPhone into a pocket or pouch. I would like the function of this switch moved into the top level of the Settings. Admittedly a couple of taps to get the silent activated, but for me I would sooner have this, rather than missing calls because I didnt realise that the switch had been activated :mad:

YorkieRay

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
"Thumb gesture app switcher - Steve Jobs said that the iPad doesn't run scaled up phone apps. So he made it know that there is a distinction between an iPad and iPhone/iPod Toch. So why not have some iPhone/Touch specific multi-touch gestures that work on the smaller screen. I'd love a thumb swipe to open the app switcher. It would be faster, more intuitive and save the home button some clicks."
This is already done on the BlackBerry PlayBook, where the currently running apps (the PlayBook fully multitasks) can be revealed with a single finger swipe from the bezel. This will also be a feature of the new BB10 phones. Apple should also get rid of the home button as well, the PlayBook and future all touch BlackBerry phones have no button, the device is fully controlled on the screen. Removing the home button will release some space for a redesign of the iPhone.

eb_therebel

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I've always thought putting a notification light in the home button so the square would light would be cool but it seems to be frowned upon most on the forums.

I don't think an actual notification light will ever get added, but apple could add a feature that the GS3 has where as soon as you pick the phone up, if you have a missed event it vibrates. It's a sweet feature

crigga84

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
What I'd like to see is the search page replaced with a universal inbox. I don't know about anyone else, but the search page on iOS barely gets used and seems a waste of that space. Swiping down to see all notifications isn't convenient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Also would like to see more camera options in the default camera app. Like the ability to change photo and video resolutions and maybe different camera effects and filters.

Retconaddict

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
What I'd like to see is the search page replaced with a universal inbox. I don't know about anyone else, but the search page on iOS barely gets used and seems a waste of that space. Swiping down to see all notifications isn't convenient.

Would very much disagree with that - it would mean we'd have to exit out of whatever app we're in to check the notifications. Much much easier now.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Swiping down isn't convenient? What would be convenient then?

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
A fix to keyboard shortcuts that stop working. Bluetooth, wifi and airplane mode accessed quicker, maybe from notification center. I'm sure these have been mentioned and if so I do apologize

iNotes4You

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
A clipboard with more than one selectable entry coming up with PASTE.
Automatic managing of entries by inserting the last copied item at the first place in the queue.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1356700411.064235.jpg

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
If Mr. Ive doesn't take notice of the "auxo" tweak then hes nuts, thats should be totally implemented in ios 7! I cant wait to jailbreak my 5 just for that tweak!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711