Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree148Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #51  

Global Posts
    6,817 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Default re: What do you want to see in iOS 7?

Quote Originally Posted by farb12 View Post
    Double-click your home button.
    I think what he's talking about like I said too is the full music player from the home screen when you double click the home button. Instead of the dinky *** forward, back, play/pause, volume. You would be able to see your whole playlist, switch to songs, etc.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
  2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #52  

Global Posts
    6,817 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Quote Originally Posted by Karenkcoulter View Post
    That's true. But you don't need to be on the same Apple ID.
    not true you can share Reminder Lists to different Apple IDs the same for Calendars. It has to be done from either iCloud.com or from Reminders on the Mac. You open Reminders go to the list you want to share and click the little Wifi/Radar looking thing to the right of the list. Then you enter the email address @icloud.com or me.com and bam it's shared.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,509 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Maher View Post
    I think That Apple has lost there ability to think of new ideas, And with that said, Android will steal the market soon...I am diehard Apple freak, but the apple ios6 update was lame.
    i am afraid you are right
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #54  

Global Posts
    6,817 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Maher View Post
    I think That Apple has lost there ability to think of new ideas, And with that said, Android will steal the market soon...I am diehard Apple freak, but the apple ios6 update was lame.
    In a thread about iOS 7 wants this has no relevance please post in another thread. KTHXBAI
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

I would like to see live tiles, improved Siri, & more customization like live wallpaper & easier notifications.
    Ipheuria likes this.
    iPhone Beginner

Default What do you want to see in iOS 7?

iOS 7 should come already jailbroken lol!
    Okay seriously, it should have the capability to control peoples' mind.
    Ipheuria likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    6,047 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: iOS 7 Wants

i want to see more gesture based stuff or a different way of multitasking. double clicking the home button is getting old with me.
    Thanked by:
    Ipheuria (12-13-2012)
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

I would love to see developer API for widgets in the notification center, slide to delete individual notifications in the notification center, better attachment handling in the email app, the ability to choose default apps, editable results with Siri like in google now, offline functionality for Siri(like offline dictation), animated icons or icons that show vital info kinda like a cross between a widget and microsoft live tiles, system wide integration with certain third party apps, a quick settings widget, status bar notifications instead of badge app icons(at least the option to switch between the two). Alas, this is all but a pipe dream
    Last edited by JDabney24; 12-10-2012 at 07:41 AM.
    Ipheuria likes this.
    iPhone Nanite

iOS Version
    iOS 6.0.1

Default Re: What do you want to see in iOS 7?

I want Siri on ipad 2
    erikbock and brendu like this.
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #60  

Global Posts
    6,817 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Quote Originally Posted by Warchild666 View Post
    I want Siri on ipad 2
    This would be the perk of making some of the Siri commands local is Apple could at least bring the local commands to a bunch of models like the iPhone 4 and iPad 2. They probably wouldn't because it doesn't live up to their expectations but they could.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ipheuria View Post
    This would be the perk of making some of the Siri commands local is Apple could at least bring the local commands to a bunch of models like the iPhone 4 and iPad 2. They probably wouldn't because it doesn't live up to their expectations but they could.

There is no reason it shouldn't be on the ipad 2,it works great on my ipad mini
    Thanked by:
    DaPhoneking (01-01-2013)
    brendu and DaPhoneking like this.
    LCW
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,180 Global Posts
    iOS Version

What I really want to see in iOS 7 is a complete OVERHAUL of iOS... A re-invention basically... This OS inspires zero passion anymore
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #63  

Global Posts
    6,817 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Since we're on the third page I thought I would go through and round up our list of wants for iOS 7 so far. It's pretty impressive

Lock screen items
    Clock/Date toggle
    Lock screen Album Art toggle
    Full Music app controls
    Notification Center
    Answer or dismiss iMessages from the lock screen

OS items
    App Icons anywhere on the home screen grid
    Glass app folder icons
    iDevices in AirDrop
    Wifi connection to Image Capture
    Thumb gesture app switcher
    Local Siri Commands
    Additional Do Not Disturb sets (more customization for the DnD like a M-F setting and a Sat & Su. setting for the weekend times)
    Option to change lock screen camera
    Full screen iPad notification center
    Ability to delete native apps
    the ability to turn off notifications during phone calls
    AppleTV respecting the iTunes music library's "skip when shuffling" option being toggled on
    Allow a 3rd party clock app active without it disrupting Do Not Disturb's functionality
    Notification Center toggles for wifi, Bluetooth, and do not disturb. Toggles to be available via Siri
    Ability to move not copy photos to a new album
    Ability to copy an event in the calendar
    Give apps permission to continue working in the background until task is done.
    Live wallpapers or at least allow the background picture to change automatically
    The ability to look at your previous Siri searches
    Different profiles
    Major enhancements to Reminders (sort in day view. Having priorities sort. Ability to set an all day reminder)
    App updates icon in notification center
    Would like to see weather added to iPad
    walking/driving mode for Siri
    small notification icons at the top taskbar
    delete all" and a "select all" function for every delete option
    "choose last photo taken" option when attaching images
    dynamically updating homescreen icons
    gesture control on the iPhone
    search in the App Store to show results in a list
    developer API for widgets in the notification center
    slide to delete individual notifications in the notification center
    better attachment handling in the email app
    system wide integration with certain third party apps

Hardware/Software
    better battery life/performance
    redbeard, larsonage and Fit24 like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    iOS Version

It is pretty impressive. I must say that I would also like to see quite a few of these myself.
  15. Thread AuthorThread Author   #65  

Global Posts
    6,817 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Imagine if we got everything on that list does anyone think there would be people saying they are "underwhelmed" by iOS 7? I know if I just got two things on that list I would be overjoyed although the expanded DnD I think they have to do it so I'm almost expecting that to happen. It is just so obvious that it needs to be done.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts

^ thats a pretty good list.

Additional things I would like to see:

A) Ability to create ringtones from MP3s on device. (select start and stop point)

and

B) Ability to set an adjustable perimeter/radius in reminders. (i.e. "Siri, remind me to get gas when I am near a gas station")
    Ipheuria and DaPhoneking like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    4,517 Global Posts

I'd love to see a new "widget" API for developers to create their own notification centre widgets. The weather and stock widgets are awful lonely...
    Thanked by:
    DaPhoneking (01-01-2013)
    Ipheuria and DaPhoneking like this.
    END
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts

I did not read through this thread so I am sure I am putting some ideas that are out there already.
    With that disclaimer out of the way, here we go...

-Cards.
    By this I mean a new way to envision the multi-tasking system used in iOS. I would like it if you could swipe up from the bottom of the screen and then access a set of cards which you can then see what the app’s state is (visuals are always a nice thing) then have the ability to just swipe them away a-la webOS. Heck others have “borrowed” from webOS time for Apple to take a look as well.
    They could also use this area for quick toggles for Wi-Fi, Airplane mode, Bluetooth, etc…

-Actionable notifications would be a great thing as well. Just click on the notification and get on with your business.

-Three finger pinch on screen to exit out of apps rather than the home button.

-Make the weather icon dynamic.

-Better Siri integration locally on the device.

-Oh and though this falls under hardware, the home button be it the way it is now or capacitive, have a ring around the home button that glows different colours depending on the notification you missed.

That should be good for a start.

DaPhoneking and farb12 like this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

I've always thought putting a notification light in the home button so the square would light would be cool but it seems to be frowned upon most on the forums.
    erikbock likes this.
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version

I would like the ability to be able to switch wifi on/off, toggle airplane mode, bluetooth on/off from within the pulldown notification centre.

I also wish that Apple would get rid of the silent switch on the side, its way too easy to inadvertently activate when slipping the iPhone into a pocket or pouch. I would like the function of this switch moved into the top level of the Settings. Admittedly a couple of taps to get the silent activated, but for me I would sooner have this, rather than missing calls because I didnt realise that the switch had been activated
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    iOS Version

"Thumb gesture app switcher - Steve Jobs said that the iPad doesn't run scaled up phone apps. So he made it know that there is a distinction between an iPad and iPhone/iPod Toch. So why not have some iPhone/Touch specific multi-touch gestures that work on the smaller screen. I'd love a thumb swipe to open the app switcher. It would be faster, more intuitive and save the home button some clicks."
    This is already done on the BlackBerry PlayBook, where the currently running apps (the PlayBook fully multitasks) can be revealed with a single finger swipe from the bezel. This will also be a feature of the new BB10 phones. Apple should also get rid of the home button as well, the PlayBook and future all touch BlackBerry phones have no button, the device is fully controlled on the screen. Removing the home button will release some space for a redesign of the iPhone.
    iMore Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by farb12 View Post
    I've always thought putting a notification light in the home button so the square would light would be cool but it seems to be frowned upon most on the forums.
    I don't think an actual notification light will ever get added, but apple could add a feature that the GS3 has where as soon as you pick the phone up, if you have a missed event it vibrates. It's a sweet feature
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    527 Global Posts

What I'd like to see is the search page replaced with a universal inbox. I don't know about anyone else, but the search page on iOS barely gets used and seems a waste of that space. Swiping down to see all notifications isn't convenient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    __
    Crigga84
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Also would like to see more camera options in the default camera app. Like the ability to change photo and video resolutions and maybe different camera effects and filters.
    iPhone Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by crigga84 View Post
    What I'd like to see is the search page replaced with a universal inbox. I don't know about anyone else, but the search page on iOS barely gets used and seems a waste of that space. Swiping down to see all notifications isn't convenient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Would very much disagree with that - it would mean we'd have to exit out of whatever app we're in to check the notifications. Much much easier now.
    BLiNK, mrsFAB and 9thWonder like this.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast