What do you want to see in iOS 7?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
that actually is a very good point - battery performance

i believe there is only so much that can be done with software that can help with battery performance. i think we can all agree that one of Apples main priorities would be battery life preservation. we should know that they are not going to add all kinds of bells & whistles if the battery is going to take a hit, plain & simple

it is a known fact that the minute they release a build that requires more battery usage then we will Release the Kraken! your major iOS overhaul would have to come on a New device, IMHO

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The thing with more battery is that the iPhone 5 is so thin and light. The components are getting smaller and battery tech is advancing. Do we really think Apple is going to leave the iPhone size and weight alone and never introduce a "Thinner, lighter" iPhone x? So I think with the advancements skip trying to make it thinner and lighter since most people think it's unbelievable right now anyway. So for a generation or two use that extra space and jam a little bit more battery in. It's Apple find a way lol

This will tie in to the whole battery life thing but I want a walking/driving mode for Siri. I always thought this was how it would work when Siri was announced. I want the phone to see that it has been in motion for longer than 5 minutes and automatically switch to the mode. When new text messages come in Siri reads them to the user and then says "Would you like to respond?" the user speaks and then Siri sends the text. This would greatly enhance the hands free idea and it would also make the whole act of doing it more natural because it would be like a virtual conversation. So it would be almost indistinguishable from having a phone call. Taking the weirdness out of talking to your phone while walking on the street or sitting on a train.

farb12

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
iOS 7 Wants

I certainly hope ios7 is a bigger step forward because to me ios6 was not. Yes maps was nice but really the do not disturb feature is the only thing I could not live without! Ill take a hit to the battery for a little more functionally. Hell I'm a heavy user and I have never had battery issues.

Last edited:

TinaVane

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
wow now i see why apple implement weak upgrades but anyways my wants would be
a i blacklist type of feature on the iPhone (and please don't talk to me bout that ridiculous do not disturb crap )
a bitesms type of sms service...crying out loud these things should have been on ios ....ugh
these things should have been implemented
and people the UI will never change
I am sorta almost going to the nexus 4 since its not that expensive unlocked and not use my upgrade(i am on the iphone4 now) when the 5s drops....but god i paid so much into these apps on

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
wow now i see why apple implement weak upgrades but anyways my wants would be
a i blacklist type of feature on the iPhone (and please don't talk to me bout that ridiculous do not disturb crap )
a bitesms type of sms service...crying out loud these things should have been on ios ....ugh
these things should have been implemented
and people the UI will never change
I am sorta almost going to the nexus 4 since its not that expensive unlocked and not use my upgrade(i am on the iphone4 now) when the 5s drops....but god i paid so much into these apps on

sounds like you should just stay away from the iPhone all together

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
My biggest desires for ios7 is toggles in notification center for wifi and bluetooth and expanding Siri to do things like turn on and off wifi and bluetooth. Anything else would be a cherry on top. I just really really want toggles.

nat750

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
iOS 7 Wants

Apple has a habit to just totally overlook simple features that really do make a difference. That's why (We) jailbreak. My reasons to jailbreak are getting fewer & fewer each major iOS update especially since personal hotspot & FaceTime over 3G have become readily available. I can live without some of the small features I want (such as quick toggles, kill background, small notification icons at the top of screen that don't go away till notification is opened etc etc) but I really wish I didn't have to because they are really basic but important features.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
iOS 7 Wants

The same as it was for the previous iOS versions. I want a "delete all" and a "select all" function for every option to select and delete, especially in the mail app.

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
iOS 7 Wants

I think iOS 5 was a nice big jump with iCloud, photo stream, and notifications. I think iOS 6 felt like more of 5.2 than a full update. Now I like iOS 6 on my iPad 3 as it brought Siri to my iPad.

Last edited:

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
iOS 7 Wants

When adding a photo to any app (email, Twitter, Facebook, etc) I want a "choose last photo taken" option.

Follow me on the Twitter! @_jorts

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
iOS 7 Wants

Id like the implementation of more jailbreak tweaks, like NC settings something like that would be great, and better notifications themselves, also the weather tweak where the weather actually displays the correct temp and changes with the weather, and on the lockscreen another tweak i can remember what, but the clock numbers were smaller and the weather was on the screen

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Just another idea. I don't really think Apple would ever consider this, but never say never, right?

So, we have within our contacts a tab called "share contact" and we can use that to easily insert it into a message and send it off. NOW, what if Apple were to apply that same "share" tab within the Reminders. This would come in very handy for us girls/guys that need to tell their hubby's-wives/bfs-gfs/significant other that reminder we're not able to complete, where as they could:D Hence a "share reminder" tab.

I know, I know. Just as simple to send a text msg but I thought it was a good idea to further the opportunities Reminders may be able to do:)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
iOS 7 Wants

You can share a whole reminder list so when you add items it shows up on their list.

😳Oh really? I did not know that, but I'm guessing in order to do this you need to share the same Apple Id, correct?

I was just poking around on mine after reading your post and could not find how to do so.

Tia.

Pink-a-licious 4S doin' the TapAtalk !!

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
iOS 7 Wants

😳Oh really? I did not know that, but I'm guessing in order to do this you need to share the same Apple Id, correct?

I was just poking around on mine after reading your post and could not find how to do so.

Tia.

I'm pretty sure they can only be setup to share from iCloud.com at this time.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
iOS 7 Wants

Thx to you both ray & Karen. So with that you can share a whole Reminders list, now going back to my "wants" maybe breaking that down to being able to just share 1 item from the reminders then:)

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
iOS 7 Wants

Thx to you both ray & Karen. So with that you can share a whole Reminders list, now going back to my "wants" maybe breaking that down to being able to just share 1 item from the reminders then:)

That would be great, I'm hoping Apple beefs up reminders because it hasn't really gotten much attention since it was released.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
That would be great, I'm hoping Apple beefs up reminders because it hasn't really gotten much attention since it was released.

Well, I actually rely on using Reminders several times daily, so any improvements that Apple might make to it would be icing on the cake for me because they work great for what I use/need it for now:)