What do you want to see in iOS 7?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Wow I can't believe I'm the first one to put this thread out. It will also probably be one of my only posts that gets more than two or three replies lol. OK I know iOS 6 just dropped a little while ago but Apple is not going to drop major changes into point upgrade. So what do you guys want in iOS 7? What things are majorly missing from iOS still? The thing is lets not get too much into "I want a whole re-design" they have spent years and money creating the familiarity that everyone has with iOS to just flush it downt he toilet and start fresh. They will add to it though and when it does get old they will probably redo it but have the main points of iOS to still maintain the familiarity aspect. So lets see those lists?

iOS 7
Lock screen
Clock/Date toggle - I know A LOT of people now don't wear a watch because their smartphone is always on them. I also think that by making the iPhone, iPad, etc. and iOS mainstream Apple will have to start allowing users choices. The simplest choices will be the easiest ones because it will allow user to have the best of both worlds without complicating the OS. A simple toggle in the Settings menu to allow the Lock screen date/time to be on or off would do it for me.

Lock screen Album Art - Same as above I think a lot of people now have more of an emotional attachment to the image they put on the lock screen than the album art for whatever music they are listening to at the time. I think a little circle in the corner of the album art with an arrow that flips the screen between album art and lock screen gives users the simple choice.

Full Music app controls - The screen is big enough, the double tap of the home button means the controls wont be accessed accidentally. So why not allow me full control over the music app right from the lock screen. It would be so much faster than requiring me to unlock the device to get into my playlist, switch to coverflow, switch to a music list, etc.

Notification Center - Borrowing from Android I would like to see a different notification center on the lock screen by swiping down with two fingers. One that has toggles for BT, Wifi, Airplane mode, Do Not Disturb. One that has notification center widgets/quick access to creatinig a new iMessage, email, note. Glancable information that is not a compromise on security but increases efficiency.

Answer or dismiss iMessages from the lock screen - I get it that it's a security issue so why not put the features toggle in the passcode section. This way it can only be enabled by the user setting up a passcode. Then the message comes in you swipe it and tap the little "x" to dismiss or the message opens up not the whole app just the message. You read and reply and you're on with the rest of your day. This would have the additional benefit of not requiring the passcode when the iPhone is unlocked but behaving the same way, just opening the message.

OS
App Icons anywhere on the home screen - If you talk about a Post PC era you need to enable the era to take place. I don't want to put icons anywhere on the screen just anywhere on the grid. I know a lot of people say it's hard to do. Well Apple has billions if a JB dev can do it I'm sure Apple can too in a way that doesn't cause crashes and problems.

Glass app folder icons - This is my personal taste but I want to enjoy the beautiful Retina screen and my own beautiful background. The linen folder background is hideous but having it in the folder icon is even worst. Why not have an elegant glass look to the icons with the background blurred a bit and then steel or aluminum style ring around the icon.

iDevices in AirDrop/Wifi Image Capture - I want to be able to connect to my iDevices without plugging them into the cable. I know I can use Photostream but it would be much easier to see it in AirDrop and click it and push pictures to it or pull them from it.

Thumb gesture app switcher - Steve Jobs said that the iPad doesn't run scaled up phone apps. So he made it know that there is a distinction between an iPad and iPhone/iPod Toch. So why not have some iPhone/Touch specific multi-touch gestures that work on the smaller screen. I'd love a thumb swipe to open the app switcher. It would be faster, more intuitive and save the home button some clicks.

Local Siri Commands - This one goes without saying requiring an internet connection to dial a number? come on now.

Additional Do Not Disturb sets - I want more than just one DND range. The time I don't want to be disturbed is not the same on the weekend as it might be during the week. I want to click add like you would for setting an alarm and be able to pick specific days. So you could have weekdays, weekends, holidays and turn them on and off just like you would alarms.

Option to change lock screen camera - There are so many apps with better features but I can't get the full use because when you see that fleeting shot the native camera is your only option.

Full screen iPad notification center - The iPhone sized notification center looks ridiculous on the iPad screen. Along with the fact of touting that the iPad doesn't run scaled up phone apps this shouldn't have existed for so long. More room means more space to put more information and features.

Ability to delete native apps - I have never used the native stocks, weather, compass, or newsstand app so why can't I delete it? The new Apple apps like Podcast, Apple Store, iTunes U, etc. I can install and un-install just like any other app. I want the same for some of the natively installed apps. I understand the core apps like Phone, Calendar, Messages, Safari will have to stay for the basic use of the phone. If grandma's stock or weather app was deleted I don't think she would miss it.

Custom lock/unlock sounds - There are so many more things in iOS 6 you can set custom sounds for how about allowing me to change the lock unlock sounds.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
lol we do this every year and just like our girlfriends on prom night we are left unfulfilled. "think minimal" and go from there

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
A few simple things... the ability to turn off notifications during phone calls, the AppleTV respecting the iTunes music library's "skip when shuffling" option being toggled on, and allow a 3rd party clock app active without it disrupting Do Not Disturb's functionality.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
A few simple things... the ability to turn off notifications during phone calls, the AppleTV respecting the iTunes music library's "skip when shuffling" option being toggled on, and allow a 3rd party clock app active without it disrupting Do Not Disturb's functionality.

I just have 2 things on my iOS7 wish list too:) the 1st is agreeing with Keith for the ability to turn OFF noti's during a call, and my 2nd is more customization for the DnD like a M-F setting and a Sat & Su. setting for the weekend times.

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
iOS 7 Wants

Notifications while on a call and when you pull down the notification center have toggles for wifi, Bluetooth, and do not disturb. I like the iOS5 update with notifications just need to add a little more ease to operation.

One thing I would like to see since most have had to go to a tired plan have a usage widget in the notification pull down for each carrier to show your usage easily. It's the little things that count.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
lol we do this every year and just like our girlfriends on prom night we are left unfulfilled. "think minimal" and go from there

I swing for the fence and hope lol but if everything on my list was filfilled I would honestly step away from Jailbreak. I would miss the theming but the list of things would more than make up for it.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Your better off just JailBreaking your iPhone.

While that makes sense it doesn't make sense in the thread. I'm talking about what we hope they would put into iOS 7 so JBing doesn't even enter into it. I'm sitting on an iPhone 5 now for over a month and there is no JB and there probably wont be one for another little while. I sat on my iPad 2 for about a year before a JB was available. So it doesn't make sense for users to say I use JB so who cares what Apple does with the OS.

farb12

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
iOS 7 Wants

1. Turn notifications off when talking.
2. Wifi and bluetooth toggles in notification pull down.
3. The ability to move not copy photos to a new album.
4. The ability to move icons anywhere you want.
4. Better voice to text recognition.
5. The ability to copy an event in the calendar.
6. Swipe individual items from the notification pull down.
7. Give apps permission to work in the background. For example I use downcast and I would like to set a time for that app to look for new episodes. If there are new episodes automatically download them.

farb12

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
-The ability to move not copy photos to a new album.
-Turn off notifications when talking on the phone.
-Wifi and Bluetooth toggles in the notification pulldown menu.
-Better voice to text recognition.
-The ability to allow apps to work in the background. An example would be a podcast catcher. I use downcast and would like the ability to set a time to look for an retrieve new podcast and be notified via the home screen andnotification pulldown menu.
-Swipe individual notifications away in the pulldown menu.
-Live wallpapers or at least allow the background picture to change automatically like a slide show.
-The ability to place apps wherever I want on my home screen.
-It would be nice if you set a timer or use stopwatch to be able to check the status in the notification pulldown or on the lock screen.

Last edited:

Breid85

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
iOS 7 Wants

I would like to have different profiles, similar to blackberry. Where I can customize my sounds/vibrate and tones for different alerts!!!!

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
more customization for the DnD like a M-F setting and a Sat & Su. setting for the weekend times.

I with you on this Pink.

Also major enhancements to Reminders.
Like being able to sort in day view.
Having priorities sort.
Ability to set an all day reminder

Good Luck

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
iOS 7 Wants

Profiles
Dnd customize
On call no notifications
Toggles in notification center
Cool to have app updates in notification center also

Would like to see weather added to iPad

I could think of tons more but trying to be realistic

DrBit2011

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I just want only one thing for my iPad2.... Please allow mass storage like any usb drive.... And also, better wifi range, withi iOS 6.0.1 still have only a few feet range.

Regards

plantemichel

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
iOS 7 Wants

People's you seem to forget that we have a battery range of 1420-1440 mAh it's not enought strong it would drain faster. If Apple doesn't gave us higher battery mAh all those littles things that you want to ad to iOS well our battery won't last 😲

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711