What do you want to see in iOS 7?

Nyan_Cat100

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I want a theme store where I can customise what the UI looks like and i miss that ability coming from blackberry plus I don't really want to install Cydia

mhakhot

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
iPhone setting on notification center.
Ex. Turn on/off wifi, plane mode, bluetooth, 3G, brightness, sound level, etc.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Apple should make the user experience more efficient and improve the basic functionality of the phone. There are too many steps you have to have to go through to get something done.

I'd like the ability to select a separate profile for work or the office in addition to the ability to perform more functions on the phone without having to go online. Not everyone wants everything in the cloud.

Tapatalk

quamdar

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Simple wish list:
-better weather app (namely radar so I don't need TWC just for radar)
-Get rid of "Compass" and "Contacts" apps. I would like to get rid of a few others too (Passbook and Newsstand namely) but those are money makers so they won't ever let customers delete those since they'd possibly lose money. Really, when you can see them in the phone app what is the point of an independent "Contacts" icon taking up space?
-Maps improvements. Gotten a lot better but still kind of lacking.
-when you tap the icon to send pics/videos in imessage add in an option to record and send a voice memo.

Then obviously speed and battery life improvements.

Donnee

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Main thing I would like to see is contextual settings menus I.e. if I'm in safari and want to change something I shouldn't have to go Home - settings - safari and then swipe back to it. That's far too many key presses for something that could be built into the app (or have say 4 finger swipe down takes you to current apps settings)

Richard Nieves

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Sorting the photos in an album is available in the past version of IOS.
just mark the pictures you want then tap add to existing or new album (tap add to first)

This is partially true but I found two problems.

1. The photos seem to only be allowed to be transferred to albums made on device, not albums you sync from iTunes.

2. There seems to be a limit of how many or what photos can be added to albums as well. I tried making an album from a vacation with all photos from my photo stream and some would just not transfer.

I would really like the photo albums to be an actual sync between of and iphone and ipad, sub folders and all. I would like to be able to move photos around freely regardless and it would be reflected on all devices. This would be AWESOME because I would be easily able to manage my photo albums across all devices. This is something I would really like to see happen. Many people like to keep their albums organized at home and having everything simple to organize and sync would be nice.

Would also like to be able to do the cool editing of photos like the Facebook when uploading photos (or just simply editing) I like to give photos a bit more contrast and I love the option when uploading photos via the ios Facebook app.

friskies64

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
The ability to add exceptions to Do Not Disturb would be nice. With this, a calendar, reminders, or something else can pass through and notify if Do Not Disturb is on instead of just calls.

CSI Guy

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Need a way to follow up with a contact like call, email, or appointment within a contact record. As a salesman, I would like to see some sort of follow up sceme for contacts.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
There are many features I know Apple won't include so I'll list a few that have a chance.

Ability to turn on out of office replies!!
More gestures throughout OS.
Actionable notification
Improved (less intrusive) SMS quick replies
Once fast switching to new app, ability to quickly switch back
Add read receipts to outgoing emails
Ability to save files from an email to attach to new messages
Improved Siri voice recognition

Just some heavy hitters

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I would like to see nested folders/notes within the stock Notes app. I'm tired of using apps that are half built or flooded with ads. If Apple happens to take the "flat" design like WP, I would truly like that. I just hope 4s will get some iOS7 love.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure more will come too me but the first thing that does is a maps feature. I'm a heavy user of Apple Maps (no sense of direction). I would like too see what direction I'm heading at all times. Even when a route is in progress. Yes, maps always gets me where I need to go but I'd like to know my direction at the same time. I drive older delivery vehicles with no onboard compass. Google Maps offers this but, with their current screen dimming fiasco on IOS I refuse to use Google Maps.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Now that we know they're going for a "flat" design, I'd also like to see them weed out or simplify some of the unnecessary animations. I find everything just takes a bit longer because of the animations associated with it (app switching, unlocking, etc). Would love to see some simpler animations.

Richard Nieves

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I think "flat" can be done right for both simplicity and design. I don't like windows phone or windows 8. I do think pure jelly bean is pretty nice though I think a balance between that and current ios would be nice but I don't want to see all the realistic design elements that keep getting complained about by the media go. I think they make ios different

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711