What size is your music library?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Mine is about 140Gb. I have a separate iPhone Sync folder that I drop the tunes into that I want synced with my phone. I ripped all my CDs a few years back and have it backed up to a NAS too so I don't have to go through the heartache of doing it again should my music HDD fail.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
My music library contains 7285 items and is just under 32GB. All of my music is on my iPod Classic. I use playlists to move music into/out of my iPhone.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
About 11GB of music on iTunes that I actually don't have loaded on the hard drive and instead in the cloud on iTunes Match. Same goes for my iDevices.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I maxed out on the size if my iPod Classic and it's nowhere near full.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, AWESOME Gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
You can free up a lot of space by deleting cache from some of those apps. Box and TapaTalk have it in their settings. Google Search has gotten kinda big too. Ain't I nosy? :D

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Thanks for the info Led. KOOL😎

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s using iMore Forums

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I use Amazon. So when I stream, it is through the app. Although I only have 131 songs, I mainly stream iHeart radio.
My Amazon music is also on a Cruz fit USB, which I stream through my car stereo.

RoboWarrior

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
2014-08-05 12.54.20.png
About 30 GB of songs synced with a total of around 40~50 GB that I have in rotation. I have tried streaming services but the lack of some content, limited skips, and the fact that I would need to have 3G service on all the time (battery drain and limited data plan) makes it a inconvenient option for me.

rdmedina7

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
About 20 gbs for me, but after converting them through the option of syncing through iTunes, easily shrinks to 11 gbs

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Mine is about 140Gb. I have a separate iPhone Sync folder that I drop the tunes into that I want synced with my phone. I ripped all my CDs a few years back and have it backed up to a NAS too so I don't have to go through the heartache of doing it again should my music HDD fail.

I just checked again and it's just under 175Gb at the moment but then I did rip all my new CDs recently.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Edit: I wasn't aware I already posted here. But things have changed. I don't buy much music these days, mainly streaming.
And I also wasn't smart , I never burned my CDs.
So they got scratched and worn over time.
I have also been trying out Spotify, but not sure I want the premium service just yet.

Last edited:

losino

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
16gb phone is maxed out.
300gb music on computer
I'm constantly downloading and deleting music. And I stream a lot of music nowadays.