Emulating notification profiles

deltact

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So I'm trying to tweak the notifications on a 5C running 7.1, provided to me for work email. I'm aiming to switch between these 3 notifications as easily as possible:

1. Outside of work, in loud public places: audible notifications plus vibration.
2. At work (not in a meeting): no sound, vibration only, notification on lockscreen (I've already turned off previews due to the privileged nature of some emails).
3. At work in a meeting: no sound, no vibration, but notifications show on lockscreen so I can see if I need to read it.

Switching between modes 1 and 2 is trivial. I set up sound and vibration on notifications, and then flip the silent switch when I'm at work. However, to switch between 2 and 3 is slightly trickier. I figured all I need to do is use DND mode, which does kill all sound and vibration, but I don't see notifications unless I check the phone by pressing a button.

I know I can just go into the settings menu and turn off vibrate before I go into a meeting but are there any shortcuts to doing this more quickly/easily? I apologize for my ignorance of the advanced features of iOS (I'm not entirely sure why they didn't set up the email on my personal Z10, but I guess it's the temporary nature of this arrangement).