- iMore Beginner
- 83 Posts
iOS 7.1.1 on iPad Air - Encountering problems
I installed iOS 7.1.1 on my iPad Air (128GB/4G) when it was launched.
Since this migration I am encountering regular blocking of my device (unresponsiveness) and have to do a hard reboot (pressing simultanously the front & power button for a few seconds) once per day - which is not acceptable for this type of device.
Honestly: I am regretting the "good old" iOS 6.
- 04-29-2014, 06:33 AM #2
- 04-29-2014, 09:30 AM #4
Re: iOS 7.1.1 on iPad Air - Encountering problems
1. Backup your device and offload your music, photos, videos and important documents you may have on your device.
2. If you feel that the iOS 7.1.1 version that you have is corrupted, locate the .ipsw file on your computer and move it to the trash bin.
3. Connect your device to your computer, and make sure your computer has internet access.
4. Completely turn OFF your device.
5. Put your device in DFU mode.
6. Initiate the iTunes app on your computer, and when it recognizes your device in "recovery", select to restore and update.
7. After the process is complete, I recommend that you set up your device as new, but you will have the option to restore from either an iCloud backup or an iTunes backup.
- By YoJio in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 11Last Post: 05-20-2014, 11:23 PM
- By kataran in forum iOSReplies: 3Last Post: 05-17-2014, 03:35 AM
- By zeyned in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 3Last Post: 04-29-2014, 05:37 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-29-2014, 04:30 AM