youtube locks after one min?

devilxvergil

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
anyone else experiencing this recently? screen will start dimming while video is playing, and locks at 1 mins ( or whatever auto-lock time in settings ). have uninstalled youtubed and youtube no ads , but still locking.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Touch the screen to prevent it from dimming... Its quite simple, and if its not possible to do that, just extend the auto lock times. It shouldn't be happening though...:)

devilxvergil

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
ah yes. of course i do that, but sometimes its just irritating. have tried extending the lock times.. left my phone on the table without locking and flat batt 😊.

on 7.0.6 btw

Sajjad Gul

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I am facing the same problem with my iPhone 6 plus. it is so irritating. The phone locks while i am watching the video unless i keep touching the screen to avoid. I have noticed its not just YouTube, it happens within all Apps, try not touching the phone during any app/game and it will lock. It never happened on my S3, the phone recognizes the the task automatically and keeps running the app unless i purposely lock it down. The phone should only auto lock when it is idol and no app is running on the front, but this one sucks.

If i turn off the auto lock from settings then it permanently stays ON, no matter if any app is running or not.

Any help? Were you able to sort this out?

Thanks,
Saj

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I am facing the same problem with my iPhone 6 plus. it is so irritating. The phone locks while i am watching the video unless i keep touching the screen to avoid. I have noticed its not just YouTube, it happens within all Apps, try not touching the phone during any app/game and it will lock. It never happened on my S3, the phone recognizes the the task automatically and keeps running the app unless i purposely lock it down. The phone should only auto lock when it is idol and no app is running on the front, but this one sucks.

If i turn off the auto lock from settings then it permanently stays ON, no matter if any app is running or not.

Any help? Were you able to sort this out?

Thanks,
Saj

Have you tried a reboot? Did your restore you iPhone or set I as new?

Marwa Amri

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm facing the same problem on my iphone6 plus..and irritates me as i have to touch the screen every single minute
I tried to reboot and reset it but the problem persists. Do tou think that the new update will fix the issue?
Or is there any official site where i can post my problem for possible solutions
Thnx

hi answer

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm facing the same problem on my iphone6 plus..and irritates me as i have to touch the screen every single minute
I tried to reboot and reset it but the problem persists. Do tou think that the new update will fix the issue?
Or is there any official site where i can post my problem for possible solutions
Thnx

On iOS 9 if you have low battery on it will do that it if you turn it off it be back to normal

luisortiz87

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
It was happening to my iPhone 6 Plus for over a week until I decided to look up for solutions.

I closed all my apps and rebooted my phone and the "1 minute lock" on YouTube stopped and I was able to watch videos without touching the screen.

Hope it helps with this solution.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It was happening to my iPhone 6 Plus for over a week until I decided to look up for solutions.

I closed all my apps and rebooted my phone and the "1 minute lock" on YouTube stopped and I was able to watch videos without touching the screen.

Hope it helps with this solution.

Was probably the reboot that fixed it.