Another email account is set as default, however, the Mail app opens to the iCloud inbox. Why?

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I've got my iCloud email, Hotmail email & Outlook email all setup in Email. I've got my Hotmail email setup as the default Email account, but every time I open email it opens my iCloud email.

Does anyone know how to fix this without resorting to turning off iCloud email in Settings?

Roland

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I know what you mean. I also have another email account setup as the default. If I close the mail app and relaunch it, it automatically takes me to the inbox of my icloud account. I think it's by design. Why? I don't know. The default email setup basically works so that it is the default email when you quick compose an email.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I've got my iCloud email, Hotmail email & Outlook email all setup in Email. I've got my Hotmail email setup as the default Email account, but every time I open email it opens my iCloud email.

Does anyone know how to fix this without resorting to turning off iCloud email in Settings?

Roland

Strange when I had gmail setup and icould I never had this issue. Is the other email setup as the default I'm every section in settings ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have 4 gmail, 1 Comcast, and 1 iCloud. The first gmail I set up is the default. But I have switched the default from one to another, then back.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Roland

When you open to iCloud, do you close the mail app there, or do you switch to your default before closing the app? Mine opens to whichever I last had it on.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
In the Mail app on the Inboxes/Accounts listing screen, hit Edit in the Top right, and then arrange the Accounts at the bottom. Whichever one is at the top is the one that will open first (if the Mail app is quit). This is what I do and it works.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In the Mail app on the Inboxes/Accounts listing screen, hit Edit in the Top right, and then arrange the Accounts at the bottom. Whichever one is at the top is the one that will open first (if the Mail app is quit). This is what I do and it works.

Exactly....:)

lekcit

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
Any thoughts on how to change this on iOS 9? I tried the fix mentioned and my Juno account is listed first in the mail app yet it still starts with the iCloud account.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Any thoughts on how to change this on iOS 9? I tried the fix mentioned and my Juno account is listed first in the mail app yet it still starts with the iCloud account.

Do you mean when you open the mail app, it opens on iCloud, not Juno? Is Juno your default?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711