iOS 7.1.1 Available now

smelton3

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Bluetooth automatically defaulting to on has something to do with the increased use of iBeacon. Apparently iBeacon can not work without Bluetooth being on. This certainly is a way to ensure customers are having an interactive experience in store, and other locations that is and will make use of the technology.

Sent from my AT&T LTE iPad Air. White in color of course. Or my iPhone 5s. Gold of course.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
My battery today has been pretty bad- Will try to let it drain all the way and recharge. I don't think I will have time though to do that until later

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
My battery today has been pretty bad- Will try to let it drain all the way and recharge. I don't think I will have time though to do that until later

I'm going to give that a try over the next couple of days to see if a few drains & re-charges will re-calibrate the battery in iOS.

Roland

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Not noticed any, seems to be draining a bit faster than yesterday. Will have to wait and see what a couple of charging cycles does.

Roland

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Same on my side. Will have to see if a few recharges get it back to a stable plateau position.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had no battery life issues yet, I think mine actually improved slightly. I might not restore my phone as new this time, usually my battery life will take a slight hit after an OTA update but this time it hasn't, it has improved slightly which for me is a first for an OTA update.

Sent from my Jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
hi just wanna ask if i can still use the i phone i purchased on ebay..i gives me an Activation code...

Setup a claim with PayPal and get your money back. It was probably a stolen phone. If it wasn't ask the seller to login to iCloud and remove the device from their iCloud account.

iBenny

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
They must have fixed the battery drain with this update because I am experiencing better battery life. Yaay! ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1398431049.904265.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
no issues updating (4s)... but now my battery usage is horrible! It drains really fast - i thought it was supposed to get better??

Ex: went to bed last night... 36% this am 2%... normally its at about 30-32% as nothing is being used. I checked, only a few apps open (imsg, email, fb) nothing that isnt always open.

Even today.. NOTHING running.. i unplugged at 26%, rant to the store, sent like 20 texts.. its at 11%.

This is a new battery too - changed 1 month ago because the old one wasnt holding a charge long.

how do I downgrade back to 1.1???

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If you're concerned about battery drainage, take this test offered by a former Genius Bar tech.

"Your Usage time should be accurate to how much you've used it since you took it off the charger.
So here's the test: write down your Usage and Standby time, press the sleep/wake button (or lock button, as some call it) to put the device to sleep, and set the device down for five minutes. When you come back, take note of the change in time. If your device is sleeping properly, then the Standby time should have increased by five minutes and your Usage time by <1 minute . If your Usage time rises by more than one minute, you have a drain problem. Something is keeping your device from sleeping properly, significantly shortening the time it will last."

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen