IOS 7.1 & iMessage speed...

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Since I updated to iOS 7.1 I have noticed a significant improvement in iMessage speed and reliability. Am I alone ? Most of my iMessage use is between my wife and self, using iPhones 4s, so is 3G only, ( or Wifi if available) but is much quicker over the last 2 weeks or so. I hadn't made the connection until reading a few posts on another forum, where someone suspected that his improved iMessage performance was because of a network upgrade to 4G in the UK . Here in Barbados there is 4G ( actually H+ but no LTE) but for me that is moot as our iPhones 4s are 3G at best. I'm glad for the improvement no matter why it has happened, but wonder if Apple have also beefed up their servers causing an 'across the board' improvement in services.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

GusHerb94

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
iOS 7.1 runs faster overall but iMessage is the same for me. Actually the big improvement in iMessage for me was the jump from iOS 6 to 7.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
iMessage has been the same between iOS 7.0.X and 7.1 for me... Sending speed is the same...

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
For my parents it Flys.. My mom even asked "Why when I text your aunt it's blue and goes fast.. But with you it's green and can take awhile?"

Lol :D. Dang Sprint!

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using iMore Forums.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AbbiePilgrim