7.1 gmail improvements !!! just me?

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
since i've updated to the public release of 7.1 yesterday on my 5s i've noticed that my gmail on native ios mail app is instant (push). anyone else experiencing this ?

i lost this feature back when google took away support for 'gmail over exchange' some time ago. after that gmail worked on imap and in my experience i got emails anywhere withing 1-15 mins of them being sent. to solve this i ended up using the mailbox app. i'll continue to use the Mailbox app since it has other things i like than just "push".

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Now this is very interesting. What fetch settings do you have it on:?

since i've updated to the public release of 7.1 yesterday on my 5s i've noticed that my gmail on native ios mail app is instant (push). anyone else experiencing this ?

i lost this feature back when google took away support for 'gmail over exchange' some time ago. after that gmail worked on imap and in my experience i got emails anywhere withing 1-15 mins of them being sent. to solve this i ended up using the mailbox app. i'll continue to use the Mailbox app since it has other things i like than just "push".

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site

No change. And I don't expect Google to change this

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
my mail settings are the same. it's still listed as fetch. what i meant was that my emails now seem to come in instantly.

i'll pay closer attention and do some tests to see if it's just anecdotal or maybe gmail was just being faster that day or if it's consistently coming in instantly now.

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
after testing it for a few days i think i was wrong. the email delivery time is definitely much better than before but it isn't consistently as instant as "push". it's a welcome improvement but still not where it needs to be.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2