iOS 7.1 bugs and other oddities

elvisx77

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Location services is on by default for the camera so it can geo-tag the photos with the location. The update probably switched this on if you had it off before.

No. It wasn't. I double checked everything. Restarted the phone but nothing worked except above. I know it's weird.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Here's on odd one...

If I google something in Safari, the Safari menu at the bottom will not display on the google results page. I have to swipe back in order to access the menu.

Anyone else experiencing that? Thanks.

Edgardas Neruko

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
At settings/sound/sent mail- listening any ringtone while vibration is turned on, only works ringtone, no vibration reaction
And randomly Safari crashes, yes I'm still getting safari crashes on my 5S. Atleast not so often with 7.1
Furthermore, swyping to the left and to the right at lockscreen gives some FPS drops, not smooth expierence on iPhone 5S

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
So twice I've noticed now on my 5C that the slide to unlock wouldn't go all the way during a slide, thus not unlocking the phone. The only fix I was able to find was power down and reboot. Anyone else notice this?

Had this happen on one of my iPads, can't remember which one, one is on 7.1, the other 7.0.4. Had to reboot.

thatgirl87

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Same wallpaper problem here. On "some" wallpapers the top 1/3 to 1/2 of the screen is noticeably darker for some reason? I've yet to figure out why it only happens on some of my wallpapers and not on all of them? and NO it has nothing to do with the "reduce transparency" option.

I have that issue too.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I have that issue too.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

I talked with AppleCare and was told it was apart of the 7.1 update. Some wallpapers were darkened to make them look sharper. There's nothing wrong with the phone or software. I'm content with that.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Peter Gabriel1

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my 5s constantly getting the (!) next to my text messages. Everytime I go from my home wifi network to 3g I can't send sms (not iMessage). I then have to reset my Mobile data network settings, and the sms will send immediatly. This didn't happen before iOS 7.1 and it's very annoying. I have done a complete restore of the phone. Didn't help :-(

iBenny

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Whatsapp, Viber, Facebook, iMessage, all of them don't seem to respond at least twice a day. The 3G connection gets lost all the time. Also, iPhone keeps restarting maybe two times a day. I tried every fix possible, but obviously in vain.
Very, very disappointed with this update.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Whatsapp, Viber, Facebook, iMessage, all of them don't seem to respond at least twice a day. The 3G connection gets lost all the time. Also, iPhone keeps restarting maybe two times a day. I tried every fix possible, but obviously in vain.
Very, very disappointed with this update.

I recommend you put your iPhone in DFU Mode, connect it to iTunes and restore it. Afterwards, set it up as a new device and not from a backup. Of course, make a backup up your device FIRST!, and off load any important picture, videos and music that were not purchased through iTunes.

hsfof3

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I am have problems with my wife's 4s. After update to 7.1 contact disappear and have to constantly renter them. Also icloud keeps shutting of all services. Photos and contact etc. even after turning back on they don't come back on. Anyone have any ideas ?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am have problems with my wife's 4s. After update to 7.1 contact disappear and have to constantly renter them. Also icloud keeps shutting of all services. Photos and contact etc. even after turning back on they don't come back on. Anyone have any ideas ?

I recommend that you do the following:

1. Connect your device to your computer, and back it up using the computer's iTunes app.
2. Offload any photos, music, video and documents - preferably to a folder on your computer's desktop.
3. Put your device in DFU mode.
4. When iTunes recognizes your device in "recovery", select to "restore and Update" it. Be sure your computer is connected to the internet.
5. After the process is complete, and you have selected the language, set up the device as new.

hsfof3

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I recommend that you do the following:

1. Connect your device to your computer, and back it up using the computer's iTunes app.
2. Offload any photos, music, video and documents - preferably to a folder on your computer's desktop.
3. Put your device in DFU mode.
4. When iTunes recognizes your device in "recovery", select to "restore and Update" it. Be sure your computer is connected to the internet.
5. After the process is complete, and you have selected the language, set up the device as new.

I will give this a try this evening. I try a reinstall of iOS 7.1 but that didn't help.

I will give this method a shot this evening and hope it works.

Thanks for the info.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I will give this a try this evening. I try a reinstall of iOS 7.1 but that didn't help.

I will give this method a shot this evening and hope it works.

Thanks for the info.

It is possible that the .ipsw file for 7.1 is corrupted. Locate the file and move it to your trashbin prior to following the above instructions. Doing so will guarantee that iTunes download and install a fresh copy of iOS 7.1.

hsfof3

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
It is possible that the .ipsw file for 7.1 is corrupted. Locate the file and move it to your trashbin prior to following the above instructions. Doing so will guarantee that iTunes download and install a fresh copy of iOS 7.1.

Where is the file ipsw found ? I will remove it to be sure of a fresh install.

Thanks

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Where is the file ipsw found ? I will remove it to be sure of a fresh install.

Thanks

If you have a Mac, it is located here: ~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates

If you have a Windows PC, it should be located here: \Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

[NOTE]I *assume* it is the same for Windows 8, but I'm not certain. [/NOTE]

hsfof3

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
If you have a Mac, it is located here: ~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates

If you have a Windows PC, it should be located here: \Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

[NOTE]I *assume* it is the same for Windows 8, but I'm not certain. [/NOTE]

Ok thanks for the info

hsfof3

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I did a reset of the phone using DFU mode. So far so good but now daughters 4s is doing the same thing so I will be working on it this evening.

Thanks for the info and help.

hsfof3

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Did the reset and so far so good everything seems to be work like it should.
Now for my daughters 4s it's doing the samething.

iBenny

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I recommend you put your iPhone in DFU Mode, connect it to iTunes and restore it. Afterwards, set it up as a new device and not from a backup. Of course, make a backup up your device FIRST!, and off load any important picture, videos and music that were not purchased through iTunes.

I restored it as new and it's fine now. The problem was that I didn't update via iTunes...
Thanks however!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR