iOS 7.1 bugs and other oddities

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah...Wth?! i want my caller id Photos back as big or let me have an option for big/small circle thingy ...i want to see who is calling i've been using iphone since the release of the iphone 4 and one of the best feature of iphone is gone with that ios 7.1 update...

Welcome to iMore

It's sad that your first post is one of Anger but many of us on this wonderful site feel the same way 😑

Only in numbers can our voice be heard feel free to join in our interesting topics and welcome again 😃

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

juststart

Oct 21, 2009
Visit site
Something odd (I think): I used to be able to plugin my 5S when it was powered off and it would charge without turning on. Now when I plug it in to charge with the phone 'off', it turns on automatically.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Something odd (I think): I used to be able to plugin my 5S when it was powered off and it would charge without turning on. Now when I plug it in to charge with the phone 'off', it turns on automatically.

Hmmm that's strange because it's been that way before 7.1 are you certain your phone stayed off when plugged in?

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

jimhaw

May 5, 2013
Visit site
After restoring my iPad three times and failing to resolve the blue band issues, it seems the problem was because of Switch Control in the Accessibility menu. I don't remember switching it on but after switching it off the blue band is gone. This perhaps will also solve the problem with the iPad keeping the screen on when I'm charging it. As a precaution I had the accessibility shortcut to "Invert Colors".

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
The only issue I'm having is the extreme speed, and smoothness of this operation system.
Gosh why is it so fast?☺️

Sent from my GOLD iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that my wallpaper on the lock screen has a dark shading on about the top 1/3 of the screen. I really notice it because I use a black and white wallpaper, with other pictures it is not as easy to tell (especially color ones). It really bugs me cuz it makes the picture look odd and dim and of course there's no way to fix it. Anyone else notice this? I'm also not a fan of the trust this computer prompt when plugging into itunes, i feel like this could cause problems in the future.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
So twice I've noticed now on my 5C that the slide to unlock wouldn't go all the way during a slide, thus not unlocking the phone. The only fix I was able to find was power down and reboot. Anyone else notice this?

I used to experience that with my 4s, and it would be pretty frustrating! I would try to answer a call, but it wouldn't slide all the way. I would end up having to wait for the call to stop, unlock the phone, and call them back.

Thankfully I haven't experienced this with my 5.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
One thing I have experienced since updating to 7 is with my messages. If I go and swipe to delete a message thread, my messages app will freeze up for a few seconds. Annoying, but i get over it fast!

SPS828

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I noticed that after the ios 7.1 update on my iPad mini Google + and high graphics games such as Real Racing 3 seem to be lagging or crashing constantly when they worked fine on 7.0

Posted via the iMore App!

Redneck Trash

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I just had a couple of Touch ID failures requiring me to enter my password. After I updated there were issues where it would take a few tries to swipe between home screens but that seems to have cleared up on its own.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that my wallpaper on the lock screen has a dark shading on about the top 1/3 of the screen. I really notice it because I use a black and white wallpaper, with other pictures it is not as easy to tell (especially color ones). It really bugs me cuz it makes the picture look odd and dim and of course there's no way to fix it. Anyone else notice this? I'm also not a fan of the trust this computer prompt when plugging into itunes, i feel like this could cause problems in the future.

Yes I'm experiencing this also.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

cp9102

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Same wallpaper problem here. On "some" wallpapers the top 1/3 to 1/2 of the screen is noticeably darker for some reason? I've yet to figure out why it only happens on some of my wallpapers and not on all of them? and NO it has nothing to do with the "reduce transparency" option.

Last edited:

Chrysalis1156

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I noticed that my wallpaper on the lock screen has a dark shading on about the top 1/3 of the screen. I really notice it because I use a black and white wallpaper, with other pictures it is not as easy to tell (especially color ones). It really bugs me cuz it makes the picture look odd and dim and of course there's no way to fix it. Anyone else notice this?

Yes and I hate it. Makes some of my wallpapers unusable. I only see it on some wallies but I'm not a fan at all. 😑

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

elvisx77

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I had a strange issue after updating to iOS 7.1. On my iPhone, Location services is turned on. But only for relevant apps such as google maps, foursquare ets, never for any camera app.

But after updating to 7.1, every time I take a photo using the stock camera app, it turned on gps for couple seconds and turned off.

When I turned off location services fully, this problem never occurred. So what I did, I turned on location services main switch, and turned off all the other switches which were already on such as maps and foursquare. And turned then back on as it was before. After that my problem disappeared.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner