Touch ID failures in 7.1?

Chris Parsons

Oct 30, 2007
Visit site
Hey folks, now that 7.1 is out and it's supposed to contain fixes for Touch ID, I was wondering how everyones device has been responding to it? Did it actually address the issues if you were having any or has it made them worse? I don't have a 5S myself to speak of but my Mother does and after she updated I immediately got a call from her saying her Touch ID seemed better. So let me know. Improved, worse? What's the case?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I am lucky and didn't have an issue before. Still seems ok. I had the re springs. So far that has been good

elvisx77

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I had issues with Touch ID but now it seems ok after 7.1. transitions are faster and the device operates smoother than before. Still it's too early to say anything about battery performance.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
7.1 has correct every single issue I had with 7.0.x. Touch ID works fast and on the first try, no more crashes and I can actually sync music to my phone now.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I was having issues before the update but then used 4 slots for my right thumb and it work well.
After the update, it seems to be more sensitive and responding quickly.
Good Luck

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Touch ID is much more responsive and accurate under 7.1,. You should get an iPhone 5s Chris, Touch ID is a game changer.

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I had issues with the touch ID. Sometimes to the point of it being frustrating. Now it works on the first or second try.

potatopiglet

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
My Touch ID stopped working after updating to iOS 7.1. I tried deleting and re-adding but it didn't work until I figured that I ought to try wiping both my iPhone 5S and my fingers with a damp tissue. I had to dampen my fingers repeatedly during the process of re-adding my fingerprints. And now the fingerprint recognition is faster than ever! I hope this helps others who may have the same problem.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods