iOS 7.1 not downloading

AppleFaniOS

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I have tried for several hours to download iOS 7.1 ota and still have yet to successfully download without an error message, any thoughts?

When in doubt throttle it out

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Apple's servers are possibly overloaded...:)...Update via iTunes, if applicable.

elvisx77

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
For me it downloaded at once for both the phones. 5 & 5s. Still haven't had a chance to explore it much. But it's faster than before and smooth.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I have tried for several hours to download iOS 7.1 ota and still have yet to successfully download without an error message, any thoughts?

Just a thought, must have battery over 50% or plugged in. In battery dips below 50%, download stops, so might as well just keep it plugged in. Use WiFi, not cellular, and stay away from iTunes.

I'd recommend doing a backup on iTunes. Then hit the disconnect from iTunes button and close iTunes. Then plug your phone into the charger and go in the settings on the phone and update OTA from there.

Probably repeating what you already know, but when I first went to down load my charger was loose and it dropped to 49% and wouldn't install.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly

AppleFaniOS

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the advice, I definitely am trying to avoid using iTunes on the computer, ota would be ideal and wish it would work. I have had my phone plugged in the whole time, never dropped below 90% but I may try to backup everything disconnect and try ota again like you said. I'm hoping it's just because of Apples servers getting slammed and not anything on my part, but guess I'll just have to wait and see. Thanks again for the help!

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Two iPad2's updated without any issues.
iPhone 5S taking forever after several attempts.
I've done a hard reset several times.
Hopefully this attempt will work.
Good Luck

anon7833325

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Had issues with updating my 5S. Had error messages with iTunes but then it went smoothly OTA, iPad mini went right through.

These bigger updates always have more people rushing after them on day 1. When the rush dies down, updating becomes much easier.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

BParker4381

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
My update downloaded and installed just fine earlier today. My buddy tried 2 hours ago and it said it was going to take 13 hours.

However last time I had to keep retrying for almost an hour before the update went through.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
OTA worked fine but I kept getting an error message when trying to download via syncing to iTunes.

Sent from my Space Gray iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Mine is telling me there's a long download time. Anyone else experience this? Never had an ota update show this time remaining before!

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1394588690.008599.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I gave up last night getting the errors messages trying to update my 5S
Tried this morning and it went through without a problem.
Good Luck

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
been trying both ways, no luck. what a joke

I will probably wait until Thursday when the madness subsides.

I downloaded OTA as soon as iOS 7.1 dropped yesterday afternoon and the install was quick and problem-free. This morning, I had to be up early for various engagements and when I returned home, I decided to do a clean install. Blink, from start to finish, it was no more than 15 minutes, and you know I go the DFU mode route.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods