iOS 7.1 is live

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I do it to prevent any problems that I might have been having with the previous software from continuing with the update. Problems can range from battery life to crashes. I like to have a fresh install of the software, but I only really do it with my iPhone and not the iPad. I am also a little bit OCD about it with my phone. I might not even be having any problems and I will still do a fresh install. I can't seem to help myself.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

'Nuf said...:)....I am the exact same way and I do it for the exact same reasons....:)

lt8382

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't make a difference. I was on my home wifi and only disconnected to see if it is a wifi issue when I took the screenshot.

Anyway, this happens every time there is an update. I cannot update OTA. I have even done a clean install previously but it changed nothing..,

Have you tried a different wifi network or resetting your network settings under general>reset>reset network settings

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: iOS 7.1 has been released

whats 1.78 and 1.91?

The amount of space taken by other that shows in Itunes- has to do with data saved, messages saved etc. Tends to get corrupted and can get quite large. Apparently it is around 1.5 for IO7

anon(4767237)

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
I did the update yesterday and now my iPhone 4s seems to be faster.. and don't get me wrong. I love it! As always i'm more concerned about battery life so we'll see.

Sent from my iPhone 4s, iOS 7.0.4

DonJoseofOrange

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

You seem to be right I'm only getting the small bubble image on the top right corner too

Can others confirm this?

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

I have the same thing happening to me, it's now just a tiny circle picture next to the name of the contact. Kind of looks like your favorites section with pictures enabled. I really liked the full screen that would show up and the square answer or decline buttons.

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Just incase anyone is interested, the icloud mail's secondary smtp does work now on ios 7.1. If you turn off the primary smtp server and setup with your own smtp server details, the mail actually uses that secondary smtp server as it used to on ios6. :dancing:

Crude Berry

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

I looked on both my personal 5s and my work 4s for an "other" folder on both the phones and on iTunes. I cannot find this folder anywhere. What am I missing?

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Said I was gonna wait until Friday evening to update but I'm doing it now. I'll wait until then to do my factory restore though. That's aggravating but a necessary evil. :D

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Last edited:

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

I looked on both my personal 5s and my work 4s for an "other" folder on both the phones and on iTunes. I cannot find this folder anywhere. What am I missing?

When plugged into iTunes and viewing your device you will see a strip running across the bottom of the screen with different colors the Yellow section will indicate the Other Folder run your cursor over it and it will display the Other Amount

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed a ton of improvements and only one possible issue. I was watching some YouTube videos on my phone last night and I went to get something so I locked my phone. When I unlocked it the picture dropped to a pretty bad quality and took a minute to get back to HD. I also noticed very rare audio crackle from one of the videos where the video audio was cutting in and out. This wasn't on the video and my earbuds work fine (checked them up and down, no problems with anything else). Anybody else see this happen? I'll keep an eye on it but it didn't happen before 7.1. Maybe YouTube needs an update

wiino

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Anyone getting this bug with wallpapers?
When i go to wallpapers, select dynamic all are there, but when i open still wallpapers there's nothing in there.. blank
just to mention, i did clean install..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW