Windows Live Issue

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I have posted something similar in another forum but this item strayed far from original post.

If I sync my Windows Live email, contacts, calendars? In notification center there are duplicate birthdays. One has a lowercase b and when clicked, I get brought to the calendar event. The other one has an uppercase B, when clicked I get brought to the contact entry.

Is this just another Windows Live and iOS syncing thing?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure. When you tap on "Calendars", is there more than one birthday calendar listed? If so, uncheck one of them.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Based on the photo, you shouldn't have any duplicate birthdays listed. Try rebooting your device and/or logging in to the Windows live website to see if duplicates appear in the online calendar.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I have done both several times. I have wiped several times as well. It all started with duplicate birthdays in iCloud.com an removed all my contacts from there and yet birthdays still appeared for deleted contacts. I have contacted Apple about this, no response yet from the lead support person. So I turned off iCloud syncing completely and now only syncing my Live account. It seem no matter what, the iOS Birthday Calendar draws contacts birthdays whether ye Apple Birthday Calendar is turned on or not.

It is just odd that one has a lowercase b and the other has an uppercase B both taking you into 2 different apps. The Calendar app only displays 1 birthday for each contact, but only NC displays duplicates.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2