Question: Do Photo Stream Invites Have to Be to Apple IDs?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I can't find a straight answer to this...but if the answer is Yes, how do I know which email is associated with someone's Apple ID?

I know about the Public URL option but am wondering about subscribing in the Photos app.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't think they do. I've sent PhotoStream invites to my parents who have no Apple devices and they can see the photos on the web.

That part I get, but I'm wondering if someone can view it on their iOS device (in Photos) if they get the invite at an email other than the Apple ID.

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I believe they will be able to view it in safari only. The photo stream is ties to your Apple ID email

Edit. I was wrong. But sent a request to a non Apple ID email to my wife, we clicked the link and it opened in photo stream.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I believe they will be able to view it in safari only. The photo stream is ties to your Apple ID email

Edit. I was wrong. But sent a request to a non Apple ID email to my wife, we clicked the link and it opened in photo stream.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Great! Good to know! For some reason when I tried that myself I got an error message.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW