ios 6.1.3 problems, Apps freezing, black screen

darkpurple92

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys:) I was just wondering if you have similar problems since the last update: apps freezing, phone getting a black screen when an app freezes, phone restarting self from an app freezing, phone lagging, apps lagging, keyboard lagging when typing......

Anyone else?

What could i do to fix it? Should i resoft it or how you call it ( sorry for my messed up English) ??

What do you guys suggest? One day i might buy 5C or so, i find the idea cool but till then how could i fix mine please? Ty:)

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: ios 6.1.3 problems

I am currently on iOS 6.1.4, but I didn't experience any of the issue you mentioned when I had 6.1.3 installed. My suggestion? Put your device in DFU mode and restore it "as new".

darkpurple92

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site

I am currently on iOS 6.1.4, but I didn't experience any of the issue you mentioned when I had 6.1.3 installed. My suggestion? Put your device in DFU mode and restore it "as new".

What do u mean .4??? How did u get it? It tells me i am up do date. And how do i do that? How do i make it as new pls? Will i loose my data?? I know i will back up anyway but i hope i won't loose my data for good.Ty

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

6.1.4 is only for the iPhone 5. If that is not your model, you will not see that software upgrade.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

I'm currently running iOS 6.1.3 on my 4S. I haven't experienced any of the problems you're having.

vishal_sethi

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

nope i dont experience these problems, you might want to restore you ios once again i guess it will solve it... good luck ;)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

What do u mean .4??? How did u get it? It tells me i am up do date.
As already stated, it is for the iPhone 5 (Verizne)
And how do i do that? How do i make it as new pls?
Connect your device to your computer, initiate the computer's iTunes app, after iTunes recognizes your device, institute a backup. After backing up your device, select "restore". After your phone reboots, you will be prompted at some point to restore from a backup or set it up as new. Choose the latter.
Will i loose my data??
Yes, you will loae everything on the device. That is why a backup should be done beforehand.
I know i will back up anyway but i hope i won't loose my data for good.Ty

You're very welcome.

darkpurple92

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site

As already stated, it is for the iPhone 5 (Verizne) Connect your device to your computer, initiate the computer's iTunes app, after iTunes recognizes your device, institute a backup. After backing up your device, select "restore". After your phone reboots, you will be prompted at some point to restore from a backup or set it up as new. Choose the latter. Yes, you will loae everything on the device. That is why a backup should be done beforehand. You're very welcome.

Ty so much. Just one little q and i'm done: by latter u meant choose to set as new or choose to restore from backup?

EDIT: nvm i googled :))) ty

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Ty so much. Just one little q and i'm done: by latter u meant choose to set as new or choose to restore from backup?

Yes, that's correct. Set your device as new. You can always restore from a backup, but when troubleshooting, I recommend restoring as new. Once you've configured your email stuff, your calendars, contacts, etcetera associated with the email accounts will automatically sync to your device so you don't need to worry about stuff like that. Your apps will all appear in the App Store in the "purchased" section, but if you're worrying about losing your game score and game levels then you may want to restore from your last backup.

darkpurple92

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site

Yes, that's correct. Set your device as new. You can always restore from a backup, but when troubleshooting, I recommend restoring as new. Once you've configured your email stuff, your calendars, contacts, etcetera associated with the email accounts will automatically sync to your device so you don't need to worry about stuff like that. Your apps will all appear in the App Store in the "purchased" section, but if you're worrying about losing your game score and game levels then you may want to restore from your last backup.

Ah great ^^ ty. Yeah i will restore stuff in game so i don't really care about scores ^^ Ty ty ty ^^ Love this forum and sorry for always spamming with silly q but i'd rather ask someone who knows best instead of screwing up my phone.

darkpurple92

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site

It worked ^^ But i lost my notes:(...some of them were important. any change i could get them back? i tried a restore but nothing happened and i have a hotmail account not yahoo:( can i get them back?

RonaldPk JONES

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I am having same issues with 6.1.3
Issues recently started , about the time I discovered "spy apps" in my web data history! I am pretty sure my iPhone has been compromised! Is there anyway to "PROVE" spy app is on iPhone? BEFORE restore?