Safari browser - Missing option desktop or mobile mode

rgm1266

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I noticed the other day the option to change my browser to desktop/mobile on the Google homepage. When I go to the Google homepage, there use to be an option to view this page in desktop mode. Now that option is not there. I've cleared my cache, cookies, and data, and still the option doesn't come back. My wife has an Iphone 5 too, I checked her browser and it has the same thing as mine.

Has anybody else noticed this option is not there anymore? Maybe I missing the option to reset my browser.

Thanks,
Rob

rgm1266

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
It was at the bottom of Safari browser. I can't remember what I did in the past to get it back. It's no biggie. Just wondering if anyone else experienced this in the past that could possibly tell me how they got it back.

Do you see that option at the bottom of the Chrome browser?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It was at the bottom of Safari browser. I can't remember what I did in the past to get it back. It's no biggie. Just wondering if anyone else experienced this in the past that could possibly tell me how they got it back.

Do you see that option at the bottom of the Chrome browser?
Thanks now I know what you are referring to. Just a sec and I'll check the Chrome Browser app for you and report back.

EDIT: just checked and there is an option in Chrome called "Request Desktop Site". I also use Skyfire as well as Atomic Web which also has this option.

rgm1266

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I checked Chrome and the option is only in settings, not at the bottom of the browser as I was trying to locate.

I think there's something that an app has caused this to change.

rgm1266

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks now I know what you are referring to. Just a sec and I'll check the Chrome Browser app for you and report back.

EDIT: just checked and there is an option in Chrome called "Request Desktop Site". I also use Skyfire as well as Atomic Web which also has this option.

It's no biggie. Thanks for your help and advice. I'm sure it will come back to me.

Which browser to you prefer to use?

Thanks

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It's no biggie. Thanks for your help and advice. I'm sure it will come back to me.

Which browser to you prefer to use?

Thanks

You are welcome rgm.:) I mostly use Safari in landscape mode. I do use those other browsers that I mentioned occasionally ,though.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
This is something that has to be offered by the site, and has nothing to do with the mobile browser.

frosty121

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I have only used iPhones, since the beginning of ios7, and I know that in ios7 Safari never has had the option, to view web pages in desktop mode, although I downloaded, the paid version of the app Atomic Web Browser a few days ago, and by going into: Settings> Identify Browser as> Safari Desktop. This allows you to see web pages as you would on your desktop :D.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The browser Safari does not have that on the Google page. Some sites do offer it. My bank does. Comcast does. Even Facebook you can go to the desktop site in Safari on the iPhone. But not Google. The Puffin browser is a great one for desktop views. Better than Chrome.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711