- iMore Newbie
- 14 Posts
turn on Parental Control without losing app data?
A couple of years ago I decided I wanted to use Parental Controls to turn my iPhone into a dumb phone every now and then when I wanted a digital detox. However, when I turned restrictions off after a few days so that I could use all of my apps I found that the iPhone lost many of my settings, including all of my carefully organized app folders.
I have a hankering to once again use Parental Controls from time to time but I'm worried about my settings and app folders. Has this been corrected in the last couple of years?
- 07-08-2013, 10:17 AM #2
Re: turn on Parental Control without losing app data?
The restrictions feature stays enabled on my iPad 2 and after reading your post, I disabled it and my settings and folders are unaffected. I will see if i can duplicate the issue with my iPhone 5 later and get back to you.
- By neoappz in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 8Last Post: 01-25-2015, 08:51 AM
- By necigrad in forum iPad Apps & GamesReplies: 9Last Post: 07-11-2013, 12:33 AM
- By eastbayrae in forum iOS 6Replies: 2Last Post: 07-08-2013, 06:18 PM
- By domini99 in forum iOS 7Replies: 3Last Post: 07-07-2013, 01:34 PM
- By Fuad Khan in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 07-06-2013, 08:20 AM