Can't install any software on iphone

rjc9624

May 17, 2013
Visit site
For the past 2 days, I haven't been able to install any apps on my iphone either through the AppStore on ios 6.1.2 or by iTunes. On the phone: I have tried new free software, new paid software (was charged for the software but it wouldn't install), as well as updates to existing software. I hit install and the activity wheel spins in the status bar for a few seconds and then nothing happens. At this point, updates just keep building up in the app store. Also, the itunes store will not download music to the phone, it just says waiting. With a computer and itunes: the apps say installing or at the end sometimes even installed, but they are not present on the phone and with resyncing to the computer say they are uninstalled. I can install tweaks and apps through cydia without a problem. I have tried the following without any benefit:

1. Turning automatic app updates on and off
2. Logging out of itunes and the appstore and relogging in through settings and also through the app store
3. Trying to install by 3G and by wifi
4. Resetting network settings and also resetting all settings
5. Holding power/home buttons to reset the phone multiple times
6. Removing ALL cydia packages and then reinstalling one at a time
7. Trying 1-5 in safe mode and also after restart with the vol up button held down so no jailbroken items are running

At this point, I can only think of restoring the whole phone--if I do this though, it will be to 6.1.3 so the jailbreak will be gone.

Could the iphone file directory be corrupted? If so can it be repaired?
Is the AppStore corrupted? Can it be reset somehow?

I would appreciate any help

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Seeing as you have mentioned Cydia it looks like you are Jailbroken so I am going to let someone in the forum that knows more about it help you but you may wish to set your phone up as new w/o the Jailbreak to see if that resolves your issue and know what path you have to take from there.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Only thing that pops to mind is to make sure you don't have anything set in the Restrictions panel about installing apps.

Beyond that, can you give us a list of your Cydia installations?

rjc9624

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the help. I did check for any restrictions being set in the settings panel and there are none. I have a long list of cydia packages installed, but one of the first things I did was to remove all of them down to just what cydia needed to run so I don't think there is a conflict (I also have an ipad running with the same packages that is fine). Of note, I also can't install an ibooks and tried deleting my icloud account--that didn't help either.