Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JustMe'D
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

Default Outlook to iCloud Calendar

I'd like to move my calendar from the Outlook calendar online to my iCloud permanently. I've already synced the cal to my iPad so the info does show up however if I delete the outlook account the calendar on the iPad the info will go as well. Anyway around this? thanks!

Global Posts
    22,467 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Outlook to iCloud Calendar

The thread at the link below focuses on importing Gmail Calendar over to iCloud, but the premise should be the same in your regard, especially if you have a Mac computer.

Importing Google Calendar to iCloud
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    The thread at the link below focuses on importing Gmail Calendar over to iCloud, but the premise should be the same in your regard, especially if you have a Mac computer.

Importing Google Calendar to iCloud
    Thanks but Google calendar is easy, its the 'new' Outlook in your Live acct thats the issue.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

No solution other than copy/paste the info into the iCloud calendar. Only had to do it from January

Global Posts
    22,467 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by iandrewj View Post
    No solution other than copy/paste the info into the iCloud calendar. Only had to do it from January
    Do you have a Mac computer? If so, just export your outlook.com calendar and import it into your Mac's iCal app, and if iCal is configured with iCloud, your calendar entries will be synced via iCloud. I'd like to think there is a similar method using the PC, but I haven't used a PC in years so I really can't say for sure.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    Do you have a Mac computer? If so, just export your outlook.com calendar and import it into your Mac's iCal app, and if iCal is configured with iCloud, your calendar entries will be synced via iCloud. I'd like to think there is a similar method using the PC, but I haven't used a PC in years so I really can't say for sure.
    Unfortunately I don't have a Mac and someone in Ohio won the prize ;-). When I logged into my Live acct I could find no option to export my Calendar. The PC I do have has always used online email, never a local email client. It's fine, took maybe 40min to copy everything manually. Did it all through the calendar app on the iPad 4 once done I deleted the MS acct in Mail as I no longer need it. Thanks much for the help!

Global Posts
    22,467 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by iandrewj View Post
    Unfortunately I don't have a Mac and someone in Ohio won the prize ;-). When I logged into my Live acct I could find no option to export my Calendar. The PC I do have has always used online email, never a local email client. It's fine, took maybe 40min to copy everything manually. Did it all through the calendar app on the iPad 4 once done I deleted the MS acct in Mail as I no longer need it. Thanks much for the help!
    You're very welcome, my friend, and thank you for the update. Take care and have a safe and pleasant weekend...
    iandrewj likes this.
    iMore Nanite

I am not sure how you went with this but I found that yes, in fact you can move it. I have been doing a bit of research today because of the same problem and in the end it only took like 30 seconds. Here is a link that will help you, but basically all you have to do is either copy or move the calendar to the iCloud Calendar in the dialogue box when it appears. Good luck

iMore Nanite

Don't sign up to find out that the "answer" is a youtube video that is inaccessible. Lame that this site would allow such posts.