iOS 6.1.4 and Yahoo Calendars (Yahoo calendars not showing at all)

l.i bruce fan

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Yahoo calendars worked fine for me until I installed iOS 6.1.4 (restored as new via iTunes, not OTA).

It shows as enabled/on in MAIL/CALENDAR settings, but simply does not appear in Calendar.

From a google search it appears I'm not the only one.

Anyone else with this problem and has anyone figured out how to fix it?

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you haven't done so already, go to Setting-Mail, Contacts, Calendars and then scroll down to the Calendars section and select to sync "all events". Also, if it will be your default calendar, select it in the same settings area.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I have found the sync between my iPhone and Yahoo (and that includes Calendar and Contacts) to be dodgy at best. Sometimes it's all there, sometimes - its not. No rhyme nor reason.

The best success I have had for (at least temporarily) restoring the info is to go into Settings locale noted by JustMe'D above, and then unchecking the missing sync categories. It'll ask if you are sure and then delete the stuff. Once done, then re-check them. this forces a fresh sync and the missing info returns....more often than not.
Its also worth ensuring that your Yahoo Calendars are still set to be sync'd with the Calendar app itself. This too seems to have a mind of it's own.

l.i bruce fan

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
If you haven't done so already, go to Setting-Mail, Contacts, Calendars and then scroll down to the Calendars section and select to sync "all events". Also, if it will be your default calendar, select it in the same settings area.

Thanks, i tried this, but my Yahoo calendar does not show up in "Default Calendar" only iCloud and my work Exchange calendar do, before updating to 6.1.4 they all were selectable...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, i tried this, but my Yahoo calendar does not show up in "Default Calendar" only iCloud and my work Exchange calendar do, before updating to 6.1.4 they all were selectable...

Try deleting your Yahoo account from your iPhone and then re-configure it.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I recall this problem came up a couple of years ago, as my wife used to use Yahoo for work. I dont think the yahoos at Yahoo every resolved this issue.

l.i bruce fan

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
And now its back !?!?!

All I did was turn off Yahoo Calendar in Mail-Calendar-Contacts and turn it back on (something I did several times before, to no avail).

Apple and/or Yahoo must have sorted this out on the back end...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods