iOS Mail Client w/ push (gmail, hotmail, exchange)

Stinomus

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I've recently updated my iPhone software so it seems Google sees this as a different device and thus the changes removing Exchange support for gmail have come into effect. This means the only way I can find to get push gmail is to switch to using the Google gmail app (or start paying for Google Apps). Apart from not liking the gmail app this also means I lose things like unified inbox and now have to have my non-gmail accounts in a separate application and my gmail account in a non-default application (which I don't think you can change without a jailbreak).

Does anybody have a solution for at least putting all these accounts in one application with push functionality?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Karen is right and it looks like you will have to use the gmail app for push. Not much else or other options here.

Stinomus

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies! When u say use iCloud does that mean I still have gmail through iCloud or do you mean an iCloud email address?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the replies! When u say use iCloud does that mean I still have gmail through iCloud or do you mean an iCloud email address?

You could also forward your Gmail to Hotmail and not have to make a new account. Hotmail/outlook.com is native push on the iPhone.

Jack Hard

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your answer! When you say you use the iCloud, I mean you do not use the iCloud for your Gmail yet, does not mean iCloud e-mail?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your answer! When you say you use the iCloud, I mean you do not use the iCloud for your Gmail yet, does not mean iCloud e-mail?

I'm not quite understanding your question. Can you re-state it please?

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
OP - have you tried using the mailbox app. I love it. The only problem is as of now there is only support for gmail, but still it is really good... Check it out. Also, helps clean the mailbox by archiving the old emails, something worth a try if you get a lot of emails... Google taught us not to worry about emails (not deleting emails with such a huge mailbox) but Mailbox teaches what Google should have (mail management, for some who need it)

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I forward my gmail emails to my outlook account. Outlook is Push and more streamlined than gmail IMO.

Sent From My Mobile Device Using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2