Outlook Notes Sync

OneArseneWenger

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
What is the best way to sync Outlook Notes (Activesync) to ios?

I want to communicate procedures to staff and ensure they have them wherever they are - no excuses. I'm tired of answering the same questions over and over!

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere.

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Not thru activesync I'm afraid, not that I have seen anyways. I know you can do it if you use itunes as a conduit, but that seems pretty heavy handed for what your trying to do. I'd look at evernote or something designed to do this.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
This....this frustrates me to no end.

Our work phones were swapped out from blackberries to iPhone 5's a couple months ago (which also led to me getting converted back to iOS), but I sorely...SORELY miss access to my Outlook notes. We use a Zenprise/Activesync server for syncing up our email.

I don't know if Activesync is at fault of iOS for no notes on iPhone. I also was running Touchdown via the same Zenprise server on my personal Android phone before it got shut down, and I had access to Notes via it.

If it is iOS's fault (again, not completely sure), then there would be no excuse to not include it in iOS 7. No excuse for not being able to access in the year 2013.

Also, can't set out of office notifications either. /sigh

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
According to The ActiveSync Wiki,

ActiveSync does not support all features of Outlook. For instance, contacts grouped into subfolders are not transferred. Only the contacts which are not in a subfolder are synchronized. In case of Exchange Server, only emails, calendar, contacts and tasks may be synchronized.

The Successor to ActiveSync

Windows Mobile Device Center is a synchronization software program developed by Microsoft, and the successor to ActiveSync. It is designed to synchronize various content including music, video, contacts, calendar events, web browser favorites, and other files between Windows Mobile devices and the Microsoft Windows operating system.

The fault 'may' lie with your company for switching out the devices and with Microsoft.